Trusted Contributor

Re: COMMERCIALS YOU HATE....

My pillow and now he is selling sheets too.  So tired of "Mike".  I do have many more.  I don't care for commercials.  Don't watch too much TV so that's good.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The very few network shows I watch (2 at most) are taped and commercials are ALL fast Fwd!

On the cable networks....I am a FAST clicker the sec a commercial comes on.  That is when I watch QVC....then click back when the commercials would be over.

I have caught the 'topiary' pool side trimming bikini shaver one previuosly mentioned and find that HIGHLY OFFENSIVE!

'Enjoy the Go' for the toilet paper is beyond ridiculous and the third boobie prize would go to the face picking Skittles one.  Disgusting and gross! 

I will actually NOT buy products will stupid commercials!

You wonder what goes on in those marketing sessions!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hate a lot of the same ones already mentioned.

I’ll add the toilet paper commercial where the British lady invites you to go “commando” without undies. I also hate the IUD commercials for women and the ED commercials for men. 

Btw I love the Subaru commercials with the dogs! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The Sling TV ads where they keep insinuating they are swingers. So repetetive.  It may have been funny once but 1000 times later, no thank you! Get a new ad campaign already.  I second the Cape Cod chips ad too.  What's potato chips got to do with the ocean?  Whoever thought that one up should be fired.   Also, the hotel chain with the "bada bing-bada book" tagline. SO STUPID!  

Frequent Contributor

Exactly! I said to my husband, what the heck does "not sorry" mean?!?!?!
Esteemed Contributor

I can't stand to watch the ads for animal abuse.  As soon as I see the beginning of one, I can't grab the remote fast enough.  I know this horridness goes on, but I can't stand to look into the eyes of those poor creatures.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the Kraft shredded cheese commecials, where in one commercial, a little girl is running from her mother, who wants her to take just one more bite, and in another, when the boy finds out that Mom made salmon for dinner, falls to the floor acting like he's been poisoned.

Next scene, kids are eating a different meal that has cheese on it.

My acting like those kids NEVER would have flown with my parents.

If I didn't like what mom made for dinner, then I didn't eat, period.

She was NOT going to make a whole seperate meal just fo me, just because I didn't like what she made fo dinner.

As fo taking just one more bite, I didn't get to get away with that either.

To me, this commercial is saying that the kids run the house, and not the parents.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Tom Selleck selling insurance. I guess he needs the money.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@redwingsgal wrote:

Not sure if it is airing any more, but there is a commercial for a lady's razor where there are three girls standing by topiaries and the first two are overgrown and "bushy" and the third one is a perfectly groomed triangle!!!

YUCK!!!

@redwingsgal I remember that one.  That was pretty Nasty in my opinion.

@Puppy Lips  It is still airing....just saw it on a few days ago. 

Honored Contributor

Too many to name. I mute it a lot when they're on.