Esteemed Contributor

Re: COMMERCIALS YOU HATE....

I also hate the emu ads.  The one with the cyclist with the huge calves is just gross.  The bears and the toilet paper is on the hate list along with the Reeses "not sorry"  ad.......what does that even mean????

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@Suziepeach 

DH has 2 heart conditions, one occurred this past December.

Thank God for Eliquis because it dissolved the blood clot on his atrium which enabled them last week to shock his heart into a more nor,al rhythm.

Now, the new gold standard drug for improving the percent blood flow pumped from the left ventricle into the body,  Entresto was prescribed.  Hopefully it will be effective so he does t need a defibrillator .

So, I would take what your doctor said with a grain of salt. If it helps someone who needs it, let it be.  Sometimes a doctor needs to be prodded to keep up with new developments:  having to discuss a new medication with a questioning patient may be all he needs to discuss the pro’s and con’s.

Yes, the pharmaceutical ads are annoying; however, sometimes that can open up a meaningful dialogue.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Thank you @jlkz and good luck with your husband- sounds like the meds are working quite nicely for him..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Those

Pepto-Bismol for Nausea, Upset Stomach & Diarrhea Relief

commercials........where they are singing and dancing about  diarrhea and pointing BACK THERE.   Like duhhh.... we know where diarrhea comes from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XghJuH6GSCo

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I DVR a lot of shows so I don’t have to see commercials. The rest of the time, I have developed a knack for tuning them out—picking up my iPad or a sudoku puzzle, walking away, or going somewhere else in my head—so I don’t focus on them. I dislike commercials, which is why I also don’t watch shopping tv channels, which are simply one commercial after another. 

Honored Contributor

The one where to kid asks his Grandma for another grape soda.

The one for the razor where the girls are in bikini's with a bush in front of them.

Theres more.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

Re: COMMERCIALS YOU HATE.... TA

ALL THE STANLEY STEAMER COMMERCIALS ESPECIALLY THAT  LITTLE KID TAKING A ****** AND TRACKING IT ALL OVER THE FLOOR.

Valued Contributor

All of them, there are way too many and they are too long!

Respected Contributor

Don't really watch commercials anymore....usually channel surf then.  But, hands down, any political ad is the worst.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

And the one I absolutely detest is for Skittles!  The "Skittlespox" ad, where the kid is covered in Skittles and the girl picks one off his face and eats it.  Makes me retch every time.  You couldn't get me to eat that product after that.

This!  A thousand times this! 

It's like eating someone's cyst or boil.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York