Esteemed Contributor

Re: COMMERCIALS YOU HATE....

NutriSystem.  I like Marie Osmond, but anytime her NutriSystem commercials come on, I either mute the TV or yell, "Shut up Marie!"  

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Not sure if it is airing any more, but there is a commercial for a lady's razor where there are three girls standing by topiaries and the first two are overgrown and "bushy" and the third one is a perfectly groomed triangle!!!

YUCK!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

Not sure if it is airing any more, but there is a commercial for a lady's razor where there are three girls standing by topiaries and the first two are overgrown and "bushy" and the third one is a perfectly groomed triangle!!!

YUCK!!!

@redwingsgal I remember that one.  That was pretty Nasty in my opinion.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Hate the one where the Dad steps on a piece of a toy, and everything goes into slow motion, with a blood curdling low pitch scream.  Makes me nervous!

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if anyone remembers those commercials from YEARS ago.  I think it may have been for vitamins or something health related.  It was always an older couple, man and woman.  At the end of the commercial, the husband would say, "I think I'll keep her."  He was referring to his wife.  I don't think they aired too long.  Someone with some sense must have realized how s*xist they were, as if he had to "keep" his wife.

Trusted Contributor

The ad nauseum commercials for Verizon, Altice, Comcast or any other cable subscription service.  We now have a new one where the real estate agent sells houses based on the cable/internet service.  No baked cookies for her.  

Honored Contributor

All of them. LOL!!!

The prescription drug commercials are the worst.

They should be against the law IMO.

I don't turn on the TV until after DH comes home from work.

I don't watch commercials I either get up for a break or I fast forward thru them if I can or I will put it on pause & leave the room so I can put it back on live tv to bypass them. 

If DH is in the room he says I was trying to see that commercial. I say too bad go watch it on another tv. LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

I hate that Skittles commercial, too !   It grosses me out; that picking off the face.

And against popular opinion, I love the Haribo gummies commercials where the adults around the conference desk at work act and speak like children.  I wish some of the people I work with could loosen up a bit sometimes.

Also, I think against popular opinion, there are several commercials for an insurance company, can't remember which, where the premise is to not become your parents.  I know it is supposed to be funny, but I can not help but think those young couples (I know they are actors) should be grateful that they have good parents, have caring parents when some grow up without any.  I would be, and I am, proud to emulate my parents, that have been gone for years - 10 (mom) and 20 (dad).

Honored Contributor

Every last one of the Cottonelle commercials!!!  Also the Limu Emu ones!!

Respected Contributor

That Skittles one mentioned previously is high on my list. It is simply dreadful!