Honored Contributor

CNN Halston Special Sunday August 25

CNN will have what looks like a fabulous documentary about Halston this Sunday.  It not only highlights his innovative designs but also his maybe before his time business plans.  Joe Zee was interviewed this morning and told the best story about the infamous pill box hat Halston designed for Jackie when Jack was inaugurated.  It was windy that day and she had a hard time keeping the hat on her head and inadvertently dented it.  The next day the knock off designers previewed their work with said inadvertent dents.  I look forward to seeing and hearing many more interesting stories.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CNN Halston Special Sunday August 25

It looks really good; got my DVR set to record.

Trusted Contributor

Didn't know much about him, it was interesting.  The man was way ahead of his time.

Respected Contributor

I just started watching this. Fascinating to see Iman at her first fashion show.

Trusted Contributor

Fabulous until the end which showed how he was bought out.  And it was very sad........

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

I really enjoyed it (I agree @kutira  until he was bought out) but goodness so many good and happy memories came flooding back especially seeing that iconic Halston perfume bottle again.  Wow did that take me back as I wore Halston all the time.

Seeing Iman and Pat Cleveland in their prime and in those gorgeous clothes was another great moment.  I had no idea that Halston launched Elsa Peretti (and was it just me but I couldn't take my eyes off that gold fish in that small bowl every time she was on) but her stuff is just so beautiful.

For those that missed it, CNN is rerunning the special next Saturday and Sunday.

Honored Contributor

He appeared to be an intensely driven man his whole life. I don't think I would have enjoyed working for him at all.

Trusted Contributor

They all went to Bergdorf Goodman's as much as I go to Walgreens. Woman LOL

I only wish they would have interviewed some of the socialites that actually bought his pieces in Bergdorf's and such.

I also believe Elizabeth Taylor would have had a lot to say had this been made before her passing.  Her take would have no doubt been fasinating.

Great show.  I wonder if Cameron watched?