Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

I'm surprised there aren't any posts- I'm not a country music fan but I am a fan of Darius Rucker so I watched a bit off/on. I really liked his tribute to Mac Davis -- 'In The Ghetto'. 

With the spike of covid cases - Nashville especially- they were 'whatever' about the pink elephant in the room. Jokes about social distancing.  The event was at an indoor venue, tables were supposedly 8 ft apart  (didn't appear so at all). The only masks were costume props a few performers held up for photo ops. They seemed to  want to avoid politics- but they made public health political and sent the wrong message. 

@Ibby114 It's political to you.  To me it's not.  People get a lot of conflicting information, choose what to believe each person free to do so so lots of people have different feelings about COVID and all aspects of it.

If you follow a party line, you'll see it as political.  Some of us just see it as confusing, therefore many people take a different approach to dealing with it.

It's America, and that's how it works.  Whether it fits your views or not. 

@Ibby114- It's not 'conflicting information'. There is science/medical based FACTS. Period.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I was happy Eric Church got a win.  Maren Morris could have shared the wealth a little; Miranda Lambert should have had a win for Wildcard.

I am not a huge fan of mixing too much of a pop sound with country.  That's just my two cents.  I did like Ashley Mcbryde quite a bit.  Liked Chris Stapleton too.

The venue was strange.  I found the show a little disappointing.  Some acts had to cancel due to COVID concerns.

@Snoopp , it's really not up to Maren to share the wealth but I'm not a Maren Morris fan so I get where you are coming from. There were plenty of years Miranda won every award she could win and I'm not a fan of hers either.  

I didn't understand Carrie Underwood being there.  She didn't present, didn't perform and didn't win.  It was odd to me she did nothing.  

I know Lee Brice and Tyler Hubbard both tested positive and had to cancel. I also heard Lady A had to cancel because an immediate family member of one of the band members tested positive.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva yeah, I just think the members of the CMA could have looked at some of the other artists too, because there was really good competition there.  Miranda did have a win in the video category, I think, for Bluebird.

What did you think of Ashley McBryde's tattoos? LOL. I found them distracting, but I'm not a tattoo fan at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Ibby114 COVID is a global pandemic.  There is a lot of "science" and a lot of conficting information, unreliable statistics, and unknowns.  UNKNOWNS being the elephant in the room.

"Science" can't know all, fix all, anticipate all, and some lie to get funds.  

Nothing about this is set in stone and not much is verified.  "Science" relies on the principle of observation and testing over WAY more than a year. 

@Sooner of course COVID is a global pandemic.Woman Indifferent

I agree that science  can't know all throughout a health crisis- but as more is learned trust science & respect the restrictions/guidelines put in place.

My point is other epidemics (such as ebola) were controlled from becoming global pandemics by doing just that.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CMA Awards last night

[ Edited ]

@Snoopp wrote:

I was happy Eric Church got a win.  Maren Morris could have shared the wealth a little; Miranda Lambert should have had a win for Wildcard.

I am not a huge fan of mixing too much of a pop sound with country.  That's just my two cents.  I did like Ashley Mcbryde quite a bit.  Liked Chris Stapleton too.

The venue was strange.  I found the show a little disappointing.  Some acts had to cancel due to COVID concerns.

@Snoopp Being I'm not a country fan I appreciated pop singers mixing it up with the performances. The venue  shouldn't have been, jmho. They should have at least been wearing masks - I hope it doesn't result in additional cases (the reason many performers didn't attend). 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CMA Awards last night

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

I'm surprised there aren't any posts- I'm not a country music fan but I am a fan of Darius Rucker so I watched a bit off/on. I really liked his tribute to Mac Davis -- 'In The Ghetto'. 

With the spike of covid cases - Nashville especially- they were 'whatever' about the pink elephant in the room. Jokes about social distancing.  The event was at an indoor venue, tables were supposedly 8 ft apart  (didn't appear so at all). The only masks were costume props a few performers held up for photo ops. They seemed to  want to avoid politics- but they made public health political and sent the wrong message. 

@Ibby114 It's political to you.  To me it's not.  People get a lot of conflicting information, choose what to believe each person free to do so so lots of people have different feelings about COVID and all aspects of it.

If you follow a party line, you'll see it as political.  Some of us just see it as confusing, therefore many people take a different approach to dealing with it.

It's America, and that's how it works.  Whether it fits your views or not. 

@Ibby114- It's not 'conflicting information'. There is science/medical based FACTS. Period.

@ellaphant Posts running into each other can get confusing. @Sooner 

stated 'conflicting information'!!

That's definitely not my thinking -- I agree with you wholeheartedly!

Respected Contributor

Justin Bieber??? 😱 Glad I didn't watch! 

Trusted Contributor

I was really happy to see Charley Pride get that award.  He is more in my age group of country singers.  Loved the music.

Trusted Contributor

I thought it was nice to see a show that did completly avoid politics and tried to give us a normal experience.  The other awards shows were so obviously policitcal and trying to make a statement I appreciated what the CMAs did.

Esteemed Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

Justin Bieber??? 😱 Glad I didn't watch! 

@KBEANS I initially felt the same way Woman LOL- but he was great with Dan & Shay (I think that's the country duo's name?).