Honored Contributor

Re: CLASSIC FILMS CELEBRATE AMERICA'S GLORIES JULY 4TH TCM

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Oops,I forgot! He played Holling in Northern Exposure.

@Group 5 minus 1 

And Mark Greene's dad, David, in ER.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

One of my fav films. We frequently will sing,"Always to the right". John Cullum,who plays one of the delegates from the south, has won many awards from Broadway productions, was on "The Middle" and played the grandpa. 

@Group 5 minus 1 

image.png

As Edward Rutledge. 

Molasses to Rum -- Cullum was just magnificent in the film.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I saw "1776" on Broadway. And are you right - William Daniels was quite a presence on the stage. I was in college at the time and the college was right outside New York City (that is why I picked it). So we would hop the train and go into "the city". So glad we lucked out and were able to get orchestra seats.

Was well worth it.

@drizzellla 

1776 Johnadams GIF - 1776 Johnadams Feeny GIFs

Still have such a crush...

Keep Calm and R&R « The Junto

Honored Contributor

All I can say is this: If you don't already own 1776, buy it as soon as you possibly can.

Honored Contributor

You're always such a savvy observer, @just bee ,  but in this case, I could be wrong, but I'm hoping for a return of discernment.  I doubt, outside the rigidity of campuses, if most people are for indiscriminate, wholesale 'wiping out' of the country's founding and history.

Long live "1776"----  let's hope!  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

You're always such a savvy observer, @just bee ,  but in this case, I could be wrong, but I'm hoping for a return of discernment.  I doubt, outside the rigidity of campuses, if most people are for indiscriminate, wholesale 'wiping out' of the country's founding and history.

Long live "1776"----  let's hope!  

@Oznell 

My optimism is waning.  They removed Delaware's Caesar Rodney statue.

Honored Contributor

And I missed it before, but history buffs might enjoy another historical bio pic,  "John Paul Jones" with Robert Stack in the title role of the Revolutionary War hero, and Charles Coburn, Marisa Pavan, Macdonald Carey, and Jean-Pierre Aumont.   Noon Eastern TCM.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

So now they want to cancel Hamilton.

Again, if you don't own 1776, buy it before it's gone... with the wind.

Honored Contributor

True, @just bee ,  it's insanity, but when the statue of Frederick Douglass is vandalized and torn down,  it's shown so plainly that this is unhinged behavior, and I think that sensible people do recognize that.  I'm counting on more and more people being brave enough to say that and have their voice heard, as well.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

I hope you're right. Heart