Honored Contributor

CHRISTMAS DOUBLE FEATURE SATURDAY 3:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Meet-Me-in-St-Louis-classic-movies-4477048-720-480.jpg

3:30 p.m. Eastern Saturday--  "Meet Me in St. Louis"   Judy Garland, Margaret O'Brien, Mary Astor, Leon Ames, Lucille Bremer, Tom Drake, Marjorie Main, Harry Davenport, Joan Carroll, June Lockhart, Hugh Marlowe

Director Vincente Minelli's exquisite love letter to turn-of-the-century, heartland America;  Judy is delectable, esp. singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"....

5:45 p.m. Eastern --   "It Happened on 5th Avenue"  Victor Moore, Don DeFore, Ann Harding, Charles Ruggles, Gale Storm, Grant Mitchell, Alan Hale Jr., Dorothea Kent

eCyZVhnmfSQjMCk3IhfmxFCY7aU.jpg

Love old pro Victor Moore!  His motley crew of human strays, gathered illicitly in a great New York mansion, makes for both drama and laughs.  A thoughtful, fun film.

And if you missed the 1949 "Little Women" the other day, it re-airs just before these two, at 1:15 p.m. Eastern.

Honored Contributor

Re: CHRISTMAS DOUBLE FEATURE SATURDAY 3:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

[ Edited ]

Didn't miss them. OK - How did I watch "Meet Me in St. Louis" this afternoon. And it isn't going to air on TCM until tomorrow. Guess I was watching on the Movies Channel. Oh, that is right today was Judy Garland Day.

I just love Charlie Ruggles. So I try not to miss any of his movies. The Movie Channel has also been showing "It Happened of Fifth Avenue".

There have been so many good movies being shown lately. Hard to keep up with all of them. Thanks for the reminder, Oznell.

Honored Contributor

I just watched It Happened on Fifth Ave. which is one of my favorite Christmas movies.  I had it on my DVR from another channel and enjoyed every minute of it.  It is a wonderful uplifting story and the cast perfect!!!!  Meet me IN St. Louis, a timeless classic of course.

Honored Contributor

@drizzelllaand @spiderw ,  I'm especially glad to see wider airing in recent years of "It Happened on 5th Avenue".   I could be wrong, but it seems it was not shown that often in years past.  Glad it's getting its due!

Respected Contributor

Just noticed this schedule on my cable program guide. Even though I watched Meet Me In St Louis on Movie channel yesterday, will watch again. Enjoy both movies no matter how many times I view them.
Trusted Contributor

Yes to both! Though I'll miss It Happened on 6th Avenue because I am seeing Hamilton tonight. I think it's an acceptable tradeoff.
Trusted Contributor

Lol 5th Ave. I don't think 6th exists anymore.
Honored Contributor

I have watched Miracle on Fifth Ave. for the past few years, not a long time.  You are right about the movie not being shown as others.  It's about time though!!  Sometimes the most simple holiday movies are the most meaningful.

Respected Contributor

I see TCM will show The Bishop’s Wife tomorrow 12/5 @ 6:00pm eastern. Another good one I look forward to every year.
Trusted Contributor

Love Meet Me in St. Louis. Sometimes I listen to Judy sing the Trolley Song to lift my spirits! What a voice.......

I'm going to watch It Happened on Fifth Avenue now. Thanks for the heads up.