Respected Contributor

CHIP AND JOANNA GAINES - NEW NETWORK

I have to admit that I never watched their old show on HGTV and not a big fan of Chip, but thought someone might be interested in this article.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2018/11/10/chip-and-joanna-gaines-announce-theyre-coming-back...

Trusted Contributor

Re: CHIP AND JOANNA GAINES - NEW NETWORK

i’m surprised that they’ll be on the discovery channel. i was pretty sure they’d be back on hgtv, only because their old show still keeps running. thank you for the info!

Esteemed Contributor

I love Fixer Upper, and was sad that they pulled the plug on it.  But they were going to focus more time on family.  I guess 6+ months to focus on family was enough. 

Why do people quit something, saying they are going to focus on family, school, etc., when truly all they want is a better deal?  Do they think we are stupid? 

Those are my feelings, and yes I will probably check out the new stuff, but still...

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I never watch their show.....largely because of Chip.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I never watch their show.....largely because of Chip.

Exactly why I never watched one episode. 

Trusted Contributor

I wont be checking out any new show... I liked Joanna and those precious kids... but Chip was like a person who had to grab attention constantly and he did it in such stupid ways IMO.  

Honored Contributor

I enjoy the show.  Chip reminds me of my youngest brother.  Lots of fun to be around.  Between the two of us, we can really "do a number" on the rest of the family!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SWEET

Interesting! I don’t have cable but I enjoyed watching Fixer Upper on Hulu - despite Chip. That says a lot about Joanna because Chip comes close to ruining shows with his behavior.

Esteemed Contributor

They have been busy.  Yesterday I saw a big display at Target featuring their home goods items for sale.  Saw nothing I wanted to buy, but I guess there is an interest.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish these two would disappear into the woodwork... Here's hoping their fifteen minutes are over and done with... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...