Respected Contributor

Re: CBS did not see this happinging...LOL

[ Edited ]

I liked Jeff Glor a lot.  When they let him go and gave the job to O'Donnell, I thought it was a huge mistake.  I am sure she is a lovely person but her on air persona comes across as rather snooty.  I never thought she and Gayle King worked well together.  She may be gone within a few months if not sooner.  We now watch NBC and Lester Holt.  He does a good job as anchor.

Esteemed Contributor

One reason Nora might not be doing so well is the shutout of CBS (their decision) of a bunch of major markets while they try to squeeze more $ from DISH (and maybe others).  I personally know that Albuquerque and Phoenix are shutdown.  With sweeps coming, this could get nasty.  We haven't had CBS for about 6 weeks!

Honored Contributor

My family LOVES Lester!

Respected Contributor

Didn’t anyone learn anything from Katie Couric and her lousy ratings. No, not all women are alike but there was nothing wrong with Jeff Glor. I liked him.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree   So you are happy to see that it blew up in their faces and with O'donell they are in even worse shape than they were????     Wow, glad I don't know you!!!  Since you like (and are happy with) bad things happening to people or groups of people or businesses....   Again, wow....

Valued Contributor

I liked John Dickerson as evening anchor. Maybe he was meant to be temporary in that position, but I think he did a good job.

Meanwhile, I have switched to Lester Holt.

Honored Contributor

I was hoping Nora O'Donnel would be the first female to be successful anchoring the evening news.  Sorry to hear her ratings are down. 

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I was hoping Nora O'Donnel would be the first female to be successful anchoring the evening news.  Sorry to hear her ratings are down. 

@DiAnne 

No, it was Diane Sawyer on the ABC  evening  news, 

I've watched the 3 main networks' news shows, and think David Muir is, by far,  the best.   His ratings are quite good, so obviously the viewing pubic likes him.

Trusted Contributor

@patbz wrote:

One reason Nora might not be doing so well is the shutout of CBS (their decision) of a bunch of major markets while they try to squeeze more $ from DISH (and maybe others).  I personally know that Albuquerque and Phoenix are shutdown.  With sweeps coming, this could get nasty.  We haven't had CBS for about 6 weeks!

OMGoodness - I can't imagine not having all three major networks at home.  CBS has some good night time shows.

IF I watched the evening news is was with Jeff Glor.  Forget watching the AM programs.  

Honored Contributor

I was hoping Norah would succeed.  (Her mother subs sometimes at an exercise class I take. )