Honored Contributor

CBS did not see this happinging...LOL

So, CBS bounced Jeff Glor from his job the CBS Evening News and replaced him with Nora O'donell.  For some odd reason, CBS just assumed that Odonnell would draw in more viewers and boost their ratings.  Jeff had only had the job for a year and his ratings weren't dismal by any stretch of the imagination.  Well, ratings are down 24% since O'donnell took over.  CBS has not commented.  I think they did a terrible thing to Jeff Glor even if he didn't lose any money on the deal.  He did lose status and CBS did treat him shabbily.  So, I happy to see that it blew up in their faces and with O'donell they are in even worse shape than they were.   

Respected Contributor

Re: CBS did not see this happinging...LOL

O’Donnell was a disappointment in the am show so avoided evening news easily. She appears into herself and her prejudices influences reporting. I am good so far with gentlemen in morning show.
Respected Contributor

Don’t know about the stats but know that I very much like Jeff Glor.

Respected Contributor

I used to like watching Scott Pelley but they bumped him out and replaced him with Jeff Glor.  Scott was very calming and didn't sensationalize the news.  I mostly watch David Muir now on ABC. 

Respected Contributor

Lester Holt on nbc here.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I liked Jeff Glor and was  sorry they let him go.  Not a fan of Nora O'Donnell.

Honored Contributor

We liked Scott  and Jeff Glor. Watched Norah one night and turned over to Lester Holt from then on.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know Norah was gone from the Morning Show.  Oh well; I think she'd be as good an evening news anchor as anyone else.  As for Jeff, I heard he was reassigned: special reports and CBS Morning Show Saturday.

Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed Scot and Jeff anchoring the evening news...I am glad Nora finally got the chance to anchor the evening news but I would rather have one of the above still anchoring. I watched Nora during the hurricane Dorian coverage and it seemed as if she was out of her element. I hope things change for the better and her ratings increase but as for me I am not watching that much.

Respected Contributor

Networks make these types of mistakes all the time.

Remeber the Meghan Kelly debacle few years back?

IMHO, she should've  stayed at Fox.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."