Regular Contributor

Re: CBS This Morning Shake-Up!

I dont watch the news so dont know or care what changes. The news is too depressing!  Its not that I dont see whats going on, you cant get away from it online, phone, radio etc. But I dont sit and watch at all.

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Respected Contributor

I enjoy the CBS Morning News.  Loved the original three until Charley Rose's fall from grace and like John Dickerson, Norah & Gayle.  I'm happy for all the promotions and in particular wish Norah the best of luck and much success, two woman before did not succeed so I wish her to triumph!  I remember Nancy Dickerson, John's mother and look forward to his time at 60 Minutes.  Happy that Gayle addressed the rumors this morning and put them to rest.  Looking forward to seeing the changes.

Trusted Contributor

I also enjoy the CBS Morning News. This show really covers the news and not all the fluff entertainment stuff. I used to love GMA but it's really turned into entertainment stuff for at least a full hour of their show. The current trio on CBS were a great combo. I enjoyed John when he hosted the sunday political show. 

I think it's sad that the gossip always tries to say the females were catty and pushed the other off the show. Gayle did put that to rest this morning which was very well said. It has to be hurtful seeing all the junk out there when it's not true. 

Jeff Glor does a great job on the evening news. I hope they do keep him in a job at CBS. 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

I do watch the ID Channel and sit on my couch getting scared. I used to watch the cooking shows - but after so many years and I don't cook - I got tired of them. I'm computer and tv challenged - and have no idea how to watch Amazon or Nefflix. I basically sit in front of my tv changing channels a lot.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

I do watch the ID Channel and sit on my couch getting scared. I used to watch the cooking shows - but after so many years and I don't cook - I got tired of them. I'm computer and tv challenged - and have no idea how to watch Amazon or Nefflix. I basically sit in front of my tv changing channels a lot.

@kivah. I also sit in front of my tv flipping channels. I use the TV guide on my iPad. Don’t know how to use the one on the tv. 

For Amazon and Netflix, I go to the other room and watch it with my husband. He knows how to find everything. I am spoiled.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought Jeff Glor was very gracious in his comments tonight.

As someone said, it's all about ratings.  I really doubt the ratings will be better or even as good as they are now when the change takes place.  I don't remember when it was said that would happen.

IMO Norah O'Donnell got the evening news job because she wanted it, not because she'll be good at it.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed John Dickerson‘s pleasant mannerisms and informative over slanted reporting, I will miss him.
Norah shows too much political prejudice- have listened and respected her less and less over last few years. Won’t be excited to see her in pm news.
Valued Contributor

Don't crucify me but I have always been a Today show watcher.

Trusted Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I thought Jeff Glor was very gracious in his comments tonight.

As someone said, it's all about ratings.  I really doubt the ratings will be better or even as good as they are now when the change takes place.  I don't remember when it was said that would happen.

IMO Norah O'Donnell got the evening news job because she wanted it, not because she'll be good at it.

I agree! I thought Jeff Glor handled it very well in his closing comments. Especially considering he appears to be the odd guy out with no known set new role yet. 

I don't know if any shake up in news hosts will improve ratings. I feel like most people watch the channel they grew up watching? Or am I the only one? Grew up watching CBS with my parents and its still my go to channel. We never watched NBC so I never turn to that channel for news.