Honored Contributor

Re: CBS This Morning Shake-Up!

@Rockycoast wrote:

I haven't bothered watching CBS news, (sinclair broadcasting) morning or evening in many, many years.  That goes for our local CBS news also. Biased reporting and forced questionable content. Just last year when they made their local stations read a script about "Fake News".  I'll pass. There are better networks.

I believe that was ABC (at leasrt in my area). 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't watch CBS but do occasionally tune in to GMA and Today.  As someone said, they're fluff and way too much emphasis on celebrities and show biz.  I think they're basically designed to be platforms for endless commercials....they go on and on.  I get thoroughly disgusted.

---------------

Years ago, GMA was my morning channel; the days of David Hartman and Charlie Gibson. 

But in more recent years, the show has become an entertainment channel.  Way too much focus on singers, actors and theatre!  And their weather reports are so amateurish!!  I like Robin R. but have always thought that George S's reports always show his political leaning.

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

I haven't bothered watching CBS news, (sinclair broadcasting) morning or evening in many, many years.  That goes for our local CBS news also. Biased reporting and forced questionable content. Just last year when they made their local stations read a script about "Fake News".  I'll pass. There are better networks.

@DiAnne   No, it was CBS here.

Honored Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

@DiAnne   No, it was CBS here.

That is interesting.  Sinclair bought the local ABC affiliate here so they only have any control over the local news.   I never watch.

Respected Contributor

At the end of the day it’s all about ratings. Stopped watching several years ago and don’t feel i’m missing anything. Watch about 1/2 hour of local news in the am just to see what is going on.
Honored Contributor

Used to watch GMA when David Hartman, Nancy Dussault and Joan Lunden were on. Never turn on any morning shows except for Saturday morning's GMA. DH has the remote and that's what he picks.
Esteemed Contributor

Haven’t watched a morning show in 25 years. TV doesn’t usually go on here until 6 PM. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I turn the TV in my bedroom on to CBS morning news as I shower and get ready for the day.  I want to know if there is anything significant that has happened overnight.  

Honored Contributor

I've quit watching those morning shows and the evening news on the major channels.   It seems to be only about the personalities.   I prefer long format interviews & stories, like you kind find on the weekends or late night.   I have several other news channels on U-Verse, you don't get all the commercials and fluff.  It's a little dry in comparison but it's reliable.

I'm lucky to have very good local talk radio.   I keep the radio on all day.   Our state legislature is in session now, I get information on what's going on there.    I do hear of significant national news.    It's a good variety.    If I want to know more, I try to find it on the internet, looking at legit news sites.

I'm 66 years old.   I don't want my news slanted, I just want facts.

Valued Contributor

We’ve been watching BBC News and PBS News Hour in the evening nearly 3years now. Occasionally depression causes me to turn off. Very good quality journalism, not entertainment.