Regular Contributor

It’s being reported that Norah O’Donnell will be the anchor for the evening news.  John Dickerson is going to 60 Minutes.  Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil will be co-anchors in the morning with Gayle King.  And it’s undecided where Jeff Glor is going.

Honored Contributor

Re: CBS This Morning Shake-Up!

And just when you thought it couldn't be worse. . . it IS!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I read Norah O. was passed over for the evening news when Glor got it but still campaigned for it.  I’ve been watching CBS lately...tired of NBC, wanted a change. When O’Donnell takes over, I’ll stop watching evening news. Period. 

Female evening news achors (Katie, Connie) don’t have a good track record. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I only watch local news at night and don’t care who reports it. It isn’t on long. No world news as it makes me ill.

Honored Contributor

I never watch the morning new shows either; just too much negative stuff and almost never any good news. 

Respected Contributor

I would have thought Nora would have left a long time ago to do something else. Lately, she just did not seem happy with the morning news. Sometimes shake-ups are good and hopefully they will continue to report the news. I mostly watch local news in the morning but sometimes catch Nora and the crew. I hope Jeff is not leaving as I enjoy watching and listening to his evening reports.

Honored Contributor

I really enjoy that show the way it is. I love Robin Roberts but GMA is such fluff. And I never watch Today. CBS Morning Show has the best content.

Bianna Golodryga was let go because the new boss made that decision. Can't remember if she's network or just show. So maybe she made this decision too.

I would watch Norah on the nightly news, I think she's smart and talented. Gayle King can't be the lead on the morning show, imo. Can't carry that show.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

I rarely watch any news shows - and that includes programs like The View --- where every story is about violent crimes, people's problems, accidents - and insulting President Trump and his family. I'm retired and home - so I stick with the Judge Shows, ie, Judge Judy, Judge Marilyn Milian -- and Live PD (which isn't violent) but is fast moving - going from state to state - and Dan Abrams narrates with his 2 co-hosts (cops and former cops). I remember when tv was for entertaining - great comics, singers, dancers, and interesting talk shows, ie, Johnny Carson, Merv Griffin (where everyone spoke slowly and softly). 

Honored Contributor

I don't watch CBS but do occasionally tune in to GMA and Today.  As someone said, they're fluff and way too much emphasis on celebrities and show biz.  I think they're basically designed to be platforms for endless commercials....they go on and on.  I get thoroughly disgusted.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

That's nice.  I'll be sure to miss it.  Love Jeff Glor.