Honored Contributor

Re: CBS This Morning Shake-Up!

The only news I watch is “ Weekend Update “ on SNL, LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ   It all makes me ill, local and world. So much bad news, sad news, death & destruction.

It's SO sad that we do not learn of good things, great thing that really do happen by people who care both locally and worldwide.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't watched this in a few years, but when I did I though Gayle King brought the least to the table. I always felt like they did a favor for Oprah and stuck her in there. She never had much to add but maybe she's really stepped up lately. I know a lot of people are saying it's because she got the R Kelly interview and how she handled it.

Esteemed Contributor

I only watch channel 2 news and weather in the morning before going to work, they are pretty much the only station I can take at this time.  I miss most of the morning news with Gayle King and Nora because I am pretty much out the door by then but I love to see what Gayle is wearing before I go.

Sometimes companies purposely do "shakeups"to keep the employees on their toes and there may be more to come.

Honored Contributor

That's the rumor but CBS hasn't announced the changes yet.  They can move the same pieces around the checker board all they want,  that won't pull them out of the bottom of the barrel.  I prefer the CBS morning show, I like Gayle and Norah.  

Super Contributor

This is very sad news. I also love Jeff Glor- he has been terrific in just reporting the news without bias and drama and with having great stories at the very end of the newscast. I stopped watching David Muir, who is way too biased and dramatic.

I hope Jeff lands on his feet in a great job. I'll see how it goes with the change.  

Frequent Contributor

I LOVE David Muir for my evening news.  It's true that most of the news is depressing, but he always ends with an uplifting segment.  A reunion, a dog story, a made-in-USA story, something that makes you feel good.  

Honored Contributor

@sugar22 wrote:

I LOVE David Muir for my evening news.  It's true that most of the news is depressing, but he always ends with an uplifting segment.  A reunion, a dog story, a made-in-USA story, something that makes you feel good.  

That's what I like about Stephanie Ruhle's hour, she always ends with a 'good news' story.

Respected Contributor

I don't watch the morning shows because I am out the door for work at 5:30 AM.

In the evening, I like ABC for my local news, and prefer David Muir for the national news. 

I also like to tune in to the News Hour (I thinkg that's what it's called) on PBS.  

Esteemed Contributor

I used  to like Scott Pelley (CBS) but now that Jeff Glor is here, I also LOVE him.  I like his smile and he is so down-to-earth.  At first, I didn't think he would make it - but he did and I hope they keep him.....  I never thought anyone would/could replace Scott and when Jeff first came on I was disappointed for the first few weeks - but then, everything changed.  His whole demeanor - everything.  Love Jeff......  BTW, his wife's maiden name is "Glab".....  Nicole Glab-Glor...... LOL  He has two children.  A son who is 8 and a daughter who is 3.  Jeff is 43 and has been married since 2003.......