Honored Contributor

CBS Sunday Morning In Florence Italy

It's on now, I've been watching. Informative and beautiful. I've never been to Italy but I can live vicariously.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: CBS Sunday Morning In Florence Italy

We’ve never been to Italy, also.  I’ve had a series of health issues that have stopped our travel, but I am doing much better now.  Italy is now #1 on our list.  My DD and SIL spent some time in Italy last year, and they said they were most impressed with Florence.  They also stayed and toured outside Florence and loved it.  They loved Rome and Venice, but Venice was #1.  They did not go on a tour, and DH and I have never gone on a tour where we have been.  With some research and planning, we have always preferred independent travel.

If you want to go to Florence, I am sure you will someday go!

Frequent Contributor

I am watching it too. Even though I was there many years ago I am learning new things about Italy this morning. Thanks to CBS Sunday Morning. Love this program.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

We’ve never been to Italy, also.  I’ve had a series of health issues that have stopped our travel, but I am doing much better now.  Italy is now #1 on our list.  My DD and SIL spent some time in Italy last year, and they said they were most impressed with Florence.  They also stayed and toured outside Florence and loved it.  They loved Rome and Venice, but Venice was #1.  They did not go on a tour, and DH and I have never gone on a tour where we have been.  With some research and planning, we have always preferred independent travel.

If you want to go to Florence, I am sure you will someday go!

@PamfromCT  ... DH and I took Perillo tours back in 2004.  They were WONDERFUL!.  But since then we have taken independant trips to Italy.  Florence is also one of our favorite cities. 

Honored Contributor

Florence is my favorite city in Italy and one of my all time favorites.  Only spent 4 days there years ago but the memories are vivid.  Would love to go back--LOL!!

Honored Contributor

Italy's my all-time favorite too.  I almost can't pick among the cities I enjoyed the best--  Florence, Venice, Rome, even Milan--  all different yet offering the most wonderful, exalted, varied artistic pleasures.  And the people-- they are really the great treasure of Italy, in my view....

Honored Contributor

It was such a good show, loved the variety of stories. Scenery was gorgeous. Would love to watch it again, don't think that show is available on demand.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

You can online, starting tomorrow or Tuesday.

Here:

https://www.cbsnews.com/sunday-morning/

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy Thank you

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy   Thank you for posting - I'll be in Florence this fall!

......You look like I need a drink.....