Trusted Contributor

CBS 48 Hrs 03.14.20: Broken Hearts

Wow, what a powerful episode of 48 Hrs!

I just watched it on streaming and still have a lump in my throat. There is a verse in the Bible to the effect that when a person is "destroyed" by an evil act God can turn it into a blessing.

This is a powerful episode on organ donation. The woman featured here is the longest survivor of a heart transplant @33 years.

dee

Respected Contributor

Re: CBS 48 Hrs 03.14.20: Broken Hearts

Respected Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

Wow, what a powerful episode of 48 Hrs!

I just watched it on streaming and still have a lump in my throat. There is a verse in the Bible to the effect that when a person is "destroyed" by an evil act God can turn it into a blessing.

This is a powerful episode on organ donation. The woman featured here is the longest survivor of a heart transplant @33 years.

dee

I watched this too. My father was an organ donor.  We (his family) was not aware of this until we were approached in the hospital.  I remember being visited by the person in charge of organ donation and he called my Dad a hero.  I will never forget that.  Thank you and God bless to all who donate.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually watched the episode, and I have not watched 48 hours for a very long time.  But I like the Dateline shows and saw this was a similar kind of show.

Yes, it was a very good story.  The doctor, the nurses, the recipient, her current boyfriend, all seem like wonderful people.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

It was really good. 

Super Contributor

I have Amazon Fire Stick, but it's not on that.

Respected Contributor

The organ donation was the one good thing that came of that senseless & horrific crime.  If the stalker guy hadn't killed the girl, he likely wouldn't have then shot himself in the head, it was like it was meant to be.  Even though he was brain dead, the bullet having gone thru both hemispheres of his brain, his heart amazingly continued to beat & when his heart was transplanted into the donor, it started to beat on its own, without electric stimuli & now, has kept her alive all these years.   

Super Contributor

@Tangocash wrote:

I have Amazon Fire Stick, but it's not on that.

I was able to watch from Roku. Yes, it was very good. I didn't have the same emotion as the posters, but still very good.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It all came down to perfect timing (probability)...being in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time.