Honored Contributor

Re: CATCHING UP ON THIS IS US

@stevieb wrote:

@Shanus  Not alone. I gave up on it half way into the first season, when I labeled it 'This is Angst'...  I never went back... Nothing about this show appeals to me enough to tolerate the rather substantial down side, which has many facets...

@stevieb   The show and stars has won so many awards and friends talk about it like each episode was a "Emmy winner". I gave it a shot, but just couldn't justify the concentration needed to keep up. Reading other posts, I'm not the Lone Ranger. Lol

Honored Contributor

Faithful watcher of seasons 1 & 2. Caught other episodes here and there. Not a fan of flash forwards. The flashbacks provided needed background information but I don't care to see how things turned out thirty years from now. Besides, we were told it wouldn't be Alzheimer's that takes Rebecca and that's what it looks like to me.

Honored Contributor

I used to watch it for a few seasons, then I lost interest.

It just seemed repetitive to me.  I watch so much TV I had to let some things go.

Esteemed Contributor

Still loving it!

Honored Contributor

I'm with you, Caligurll!   I love this show to bits!

Most of the stars have acting talent, and those who don't are agreeable enough that they do not disappoint or annoy me.

The storylines are the main tentacles that grab me, though.  At times I have been a bit confused by a flashforward here and there, but then I sort it all out and return to my blissful watching.

For me, this show is a must-see.  By this, I do not mean that the great majority should watch it for their pleasure but that I regret whenever I miss it.  It is something I must see.  Pleasures are few and far between these days.