Valued Contributor

Re: CAN NOT STAND DORIT FROM RHOBH !!!

"So for those of you who are viewers and think that the show and its participants are awful may I inquire 

as to why you watch?"   

Because I like some of the other women and like to watch for their fashion, makeup, interaction, lifestyle, etc.

Honored Contributor

I think both of LR's daughters are lovely. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

So for those of you who are viewers and think that the show and its participants are awful may I inquire 

as to why you watch?   

I can only speak for myself but I don't need to like the characters on a show to enjoy it (though I actually do like most of them at some level). Like Jan said, she likes some of the characters more than others. I feel the same, and it's funny because sometimes the ones I like better than others changes from season to season depending on what they're up at the moment.

I think about movies, or TV shows, and there are many reasons I watch. On some, I like all the characters (or most of them), and on others I don't like any but the story is good. Take the movie Gone Girl, for example. The story was good, but did I like the characters? Not at all...and that made it even better. Crime shows are the same--stories about murderers like OJ Simpson or Jodi Arias--they're interesting to watch even though we're not likely fans of theirs. For me, viewing is not always about loving the characters or even liking them.

Respected Contributor

I absolutely love Lisa V's magical kingdom.

Did the whole 'we have no power!' issue at Kyle & Mauricio's seem totally set-up to anyone else besides me? Was that foreman trying out for a show, or supposed to provide comic relief?

Dorit is a vain little twit!

WHY do Lisa V. & Kyle seem to like her so much?!

I have to say that I'm really liking Teddi so far. She's so refreshing!

What she said last week; something to the effect that because she used IVF & basically "chose" which baby to have (& he was born w/ a heart defect), that she'll forever feel guilty.

I'd probably feel the same way, & it was surprising to hear her share such a personal, introspective thought.

I hope things work out w/ Camille and her new BF.

I've been away for quite awhile, so could someone clue me in, please?

Has @sunshine45 stopped doing the RH threads?  Smiley Sad

Muddling through...
Frequent Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

So for those of you who are viewers and think that the show and its participants are awful may I inquire 

as to why you watch?   

We like to watch for entertainment, and then come here to DISCUSS it.  That is what discussion boards are for.  If these post offend you, why don't you just scroll on by?

Respected Contributor

Of all the BH so-called housewives, Lisa Rina is by far my favorite "character" and they all are playing some kind of role to draw in viewers.  I always chuckle when she says something then laughs at herself.  There is more honest about her than not.

Esteemed Contributor

@sabatini, I was wondering the same thing--where is our Sunshine? I'm glad this thread was started so we have a place to discuss but I'm also missing Sunshine's weekly threads. 

I agreed with your post all except I'm not so sure about Teddi--the jury is still out for me, lol. She's obviously on this season to start something up with Dorit, and for someone who has such a problem with gossip, she sure seems to like listening to it. IDK, may she's trying to get the lay of the land

so to speak, but I think there's a little more there than meets the eye at the moment. 

Lisa V's magical kingdom I love it! It seems like everything that woman touches turns to gold. Or in her case, with her love of all things pink, maybe that would be rose gold! 

Respected Contributor

LOL, @SusieQ_2! Rose gold, for sure.

I should've said Lisa V's magical pink kingdom! Smiley LOL

Muddling through...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Valued Contributor

To each his own, but I like Teddi very much!!