Respected Contributor

Re: Burning down the she-shed

@lovesrecess wrote:
I also have State Farm. I know for a fact Cheryl will be getting about ten cents for her she-shed.

LOL! So true....she can rebuild a shed but not so "she" and probably have to argue with them about that. Then they will raise her insurance.

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Drove myself nuts when Cheryl said she was "getting a she shear shed" with the insurance money. (?)

Had to go online  to find it was a "chi-chi-er she shed".

Yes, I need a life. Smiley Wink

@denisemb    I still do not GET IT.  What does she shear shed mean? 

Trusted Contributor

She built the original "she shed" which I guess is a female man cave. Then when it burnt down, she said she is getting a she she-er shed (which she is trying to say is a better she shed.) I think this commercial is a big fail since no one knows what she is saying and no one seems to be particularly fond of the woman.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

She built the original "she shed" which I guess is a female man cave. Then when it burnt down, she said she is getting a she she-er shed (which she is trying to say is a better she shed.) I think this commercial is a big fail since no one knows what she is saying and no one seems to be particularly fond of the woman.

First time I ever saw the commercial, I thought she said "she she".  I wondered what the heck was a she she.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

Drove myself nuts when Cheryl said she was "getting a she shear shed" with the insurance money. (?)

@SeaMaiden 

"sheshe" means awesome, fancy, or high brow.

"sheshe-er" is like saying it is more fancy, more awesome, kind of like addiing the "-er" to happy (happier) or funny (funnier).

sheshe she-shed is a fancy shed for a woman (think female's answer to a mancave), so a sheshe-er she-shed means she's going to replace her shed with an even better, fancier one than she already had.

I had no problems understanding this commercial, but I struggled with the Nationwide commercial with Brad Paisley and Peyton Manning.  When Peyton talked about getting Alexa to add things to the "band play list," I though he was saying "banned play list," so I wondered why he would want to "ban" those things.  My husband had to explain it to me and got a few giggles.  

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

I heard it as "she shear she shed" which made no sense to me.  Later found out it was "chichier she shed" (fancier/more fashionable).

I think I'll stick to the Subaru "Barkley" commercials - although I didn't get the hot dog one until it was explained here, LOL.

Denise
Valued Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

The only thing I found odd about that commercial is they are standing there watching it burn and doing nothing before the firemen get there. Wouldn't you think one of them would have grabbed a hose and starting watering it down?

Take a closer look, @RainCityWoman .  Cheryl's husband is holding a limp hose with a few drizzles of water coming out.  It extremely symbolic of the poor henpecked husband he obviously is.  I absolutely hate that commercial.

I think her husband set the fire. 

Honored Contributor

That commercial is stupid.  You don't know what she is saying at the end.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

My take on the whole thing is that Cheryl was getting another shed, courtesy of an insurance payout, and it would be...........

More chic (fancy, fashionable)  than the original shed--- or "Chicier"

Honored Contributor

It's her not the shed that needs to be improved.

I'm awfully fond of Payton Manning and enjoy his commercials.