Super Contributor

It is a bummer when shows that look good are only on Netflix or Hulu or Amazon Prime or whatever. Not sure of the names lol.

I pay too much as it is with having cable, no way I can pay for any other ways to watch shows  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Re: Bummer when shows are

[ Edited ]

I totally agree with you @OhioAngel.  I was a big fan of the ABC show "Designated Survivor" which aired it's last season back in May.  Of course, I was disappointed. Now I hear the show will be resurrected and air on Netflix!  My first reaction? YAY!!!Smiley Very Happy  Then, I thought...oh no, I don't have Netflix. So, I'm seriously thinking about getting Netflix but am not happy about paying for it as I already have cable. Smiley Sad  Decisions, decisions...

Honored Contributor

i pay a lot to have cable/internet/phones bundled. i enjoy having lots of entertainment choices, so i dont mind paying for cable.

i am lucky.......one of my daughters has hulu and the other one has netflix and they share their services with me and each other. they are very reasonably priced.

one daughter also has amazon prime at the student pricing, so we are able to watch all of the prime shows and movies also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I would ditch the cable. 

Valued Contributor

I feel the same way about shows that are on cable stations. I don’t have cable, but I do have Netflix and Amazon Prime. 🙂

Super Contributor

I have Hulu, Netflix, and Acorn.  Love those British tv shows.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We get our basic cable in our HOA - about 400 channels. However we spend a lot of time watching Netflix and acorn, which DH pays for. Not one decent radio channel around here either so we buy satellite radio too.We tend to listen to the radio almost all day and only watch TV in the early AM (DH likes Morning Joe) or the evenings. I also have Amazon prime video on my computer and watch TV shows on it - Bones, Suits and the Virginian.

Respected Contributor

I agree...I only subscribe to Directv because of the hubby.  My son has Netflix and I have Prime so we share the services along with my Mom...I don't watch a lot of Netflix or Amazon Prime but I do subscribe to some of the free channels (FreeForm) and find that I can watch shows that are no longer on Directv. There are also channels that will allow you to watch shows with your cable or Directv subscription.

Trusted Contributor

I feel the same way about shows on HBO.  We have cable but no premium channels so we also subscribe to Netflix.  We keep cable mainly to watch sports.  I negotiate the heck out of that bill every year so it doesn't go up at all.  If I paid for streaming services I don't believe I would actually save any money because I am that good of a negotiator.

Honored Contributor

We have expanded cable and find enough to watch. The prices are crazy and they are only going up.

Keep this up and we will return to the 50s when we had 4 channels max.