Honored Contributor

Re: Bruce Springsteen Live from NY 2018

@mom2four0418 

Never heard that and could not find anything to back it up

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Clarence was also a State Senator for NY.

But he could play the Sax to perfection!

When was he a state senator?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox @mom2four0418 

In trying to find the article that stated that, I apologize for posting what is apparently erroneous information, without fact checking it myself thru other sources.

I'm sorry.

ETA:

I did find out the source of the 'rumor' that Clarence was once a Senator in NY:

In the above link to their live performance of 'Tenth Avenue Freeze Out', he intros the band in the middle (at the 15:00 mark) and when introducing Clarence, among the other accolades, Bruce calls him the "next Senator of NY".

The rumor spread from there.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: oRe: Bruce Springsteen Live from NY 2018

@FlyersGirl 

June 29 and July 1, 2000 (I edited the date in my thread title, I must've had a brain 'pfffft', LOL!)

"Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band’s first tour in 10 years ended with an emotional series of 10 concerts at New York’s famed Madison Square Garden. Live In New York City, featuring performances from the last two nights of that tour (chronicled partially in an Emmy Award-winning HBO special), captures “the heart-stopping, pants-dropping, house-rocking, earth-quaking, booty-shaking, love-making, legendary E Street Band” as Bruce and his blood brothers embarked on an exciting new musical chapter together. "

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

That is the typical  Bruce banter, he called Clarence all sorts of things including King of the Universe, it was their thing. Clarence was his best friend in the world after Patty

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@I am still oxox @mom2four0418 

In trying to find the article that stated that, I apologize for posting what is apparently erroneous information, without fact checking it myself thru other sources.

I'm sorry.

ETA:

I did find out the source of the 'rumor' that Clarence was once a Senator in NY:

In the above link to their live performance of 'Tenth Avenue Freeze Out', he intros the band in the middle (at the 15:00 mark) and when introducing Clarence, among the other accolades, Bruce calls him the "next Senator of NY".

The rumor spread from there.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

He surely was!

I love the story of how he and Bruce met and the fact that Clarence's nephew, Jake Clemons, now plays sax with the E Street band,

"One night we were playing in Asbury Park. I'd heard The Bruce Springsteen Band was nearby at a club called The Student Prince and on a break between sets I walked over there. On-stage, Bruce used to tell different versions of this story but I'm a Baptist, remember, so this is the truth. A rainy, windy night it was, and when I opened the door the whole thing flew off its hinges and blew away down the street. The band were on-stage, but staring at me framed in the doorway. And maybe that did make Bruce a little nervous because I just said, "I want to play with your band," and he said,

"Sure, you do anything you want." The first song we did was an early version of "Spirit in the Night". Bruce and I looked at each other and didn't say anything, we just knew.

We knew we were the missing links in each other's lives. He was what I'd been searching for. In one way he was just a scrawny little kid. But he was a visionary. He wanted to follow his dream. So from then on I was part of history."