Honored Contributor

Better 4 years late than never! 

Totally well done and charming.  Loved the story of the young Scottish girl who came to America.  Highly recommend!

Honored Contributor

I really liked that movie, wasn't the girl Irish ? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. Anyway it was a really good movie.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Totally well done and charming.  Loved the story of the young Scottish girl who came to America.  Highly recommend!

That was such a good movie. I cried. I love those kinds of movies. 

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Totally agree- just a great story. I like Saoirse Ronan, I happened to catch this movie last winter. She was also excellent in 'The Seagull' movie with Annette Benning.

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG, it's ok to discover a movie long after its release.  That happens to me frequently because I choose not to have most of my free time monopolized by trying to keep up with what's new on TV and in movies.  In Brooklyn you watched one of the finest films I've ever seen. Saoirse Ronan's perfomance as the young Irish woman (yes, the character is Irish) is incredible.  She portrays Elis exactly as I pictured her to be after reading Colm Toibin's novel.  In fact, the entire movie is quite comparable to the book without some of the usual film deductions or embelishments to the storyline.  I suppose that credit goes to the producers who decided to be true to the book, and the screenwriter who accomplished the task.  Between friends, I've watched Brooklyn several times and have the same emotions as if I'm seeing the movie for the first time.Woman Very Happy   

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  I am laughing because 10-minutes ago I responded to this thread, and now that the baseball playoff game is over, I'm going to watch Brooklyn (again) before I fall asleep tonight.  

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

She was IrishSmiley Happy.  I loved the movie.

Honored Contributor

@Trix Thanks Girl!  I guess this movie is for you like Gone With The Wind is for me.  I've ONLY seen it 32 times!

I was hesitant to post about this movie because of a 2016 post.

Contributor

I’m happy to hear this! I just got the dvd today from Netflix. I’ll watch it tomorrow night. 

Im usually a huge Brit fan.