Respected Contributor

Re: Brooke Baldwin from CNN left her job

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I like Brooke a lot.Started watching her when she & Chris Cuomo launched New Day together. She decided to leave on her own. She wants to pursue other avenues.After contracting Covid last year she reassessed her priorities. I wish her well!!

It doesn't sound like she "reassessed her priorities", it sounds like CNN changed its programming and she was forced out:

"There is more I need to do outside the walls of this place, this place I've been privileged to call home for 13 years," she told viewers. "Yes, we're still in a pandemic. No, I don't have another job to jump into. And yes, yes, I am feeling very vulnerable." 

Esteemed Contributor

I had no idea she was leaving and will certainly miss her.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I liked her.  The new lineup will take some getting used to.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@jeanlake wrote:

Support all women who have dreams and skills and a good intentions. May she be happy, successful and well.   

@jeanlake  And I support anyone who has dreams and skills and good intentions.

@Pearlee Many of us feel a need to specifically support the women who have dreams and skills and good intentions because women are not the default humans in TV anchor chairs or positions of power, no matter their skills, intelligence and hard work.  Things that are overlooked in men are considered major mistakes by women.  What is considered good enough in a man is not good enough in a woman.  So like @jeanlake I offer my best wishes and support to Brooke Baldwin, who has been terrific.

Hard to imagine Ms. Baldwin gave up that job voluntarily, but maybe she just needs a break.  I know how that feels.  I had covid too, probably like her, judging from her pictures.

I am, however, disappointed in the replacement lineup, Alisyn Camerota and Victor Blackwell.  I find them both very bland, and Alisyn too much of a company man.  She will do worthless pieces that I guess CNN asks her to do.  I have heard other CNN journalists say they won't do certain pieces that later I will see her do.  Just no individuality.  Not sure I'll be watching.  Maybe they will have some chemistry together, don't know.  Maybe I haven't seen enough of David Blackwell to know him.  I think he was on when QVC AM Style is on, which I like to watch.

Both Brianna Keilar and John Berman are terrific.  That should be a good show, and maybe that is what they are trying to do, make that time slot better.  I like to watch my local news in the weekday mornings, so I won't be watching...

I am sure they wanted to diversify the all white day anchor slots, something I support.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe. I am not in favor of sexism. Like you I am in a traditionally male-dominated profession and have been for going on 45 years, ever since there were very few women in my profession.  I'm still not for preferential treatment, nor preferential well-wishes. Merit should prevail.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe. I am not in favor of sexism. Like you I am in a traditionally male-dominated profession and have been for going on 45 years, ever since there were very few women in my profession.  I'm still not for preferential treatment; merit should prevail.  

Merit should prevail, but it doesn't.  Too many people are biased against others for reasons that have nothing to do with merit.  So I support those with merit, that they get a chance.

Honored Contributor

I loved watching Brooke. I'll miss her. When she was off with COVID, her replacement was the other blonde, female anchor. I missed Brooke's, kinder, more easy-going style than the style of her more hard-hitting temporary replacement.