Valued Contributor

we lasted 5 minutes..beyond awful! 

Esteemed Contributor

I finally got around to watching an episode (#3) of the show and it was beyond terrible.  Forced myself for 15 min and then had to turn it off.  She was terrible  and even more annoying than she was in her last year on NCIS.  In small doses she was OK as Abby but not capable of carrying a show.

Esteemed Contributor

@TheRealOneForSure wrote:

Never saw it, but it seems like a straight copycat of the new show with Fran Drescher called Indebted, which I love.

What's really odd is that they're on directly against each other (at least when I checked)!  I did turn on Broke just to see if it's as bad as this thread implies, and didn't care enough to watch more than a few minutes.  I never really understood how that actress supposedly had the highest TV Q score, or whatever it's called. 

I can't say I love Indebted, but at least I haven't been compelled to turn it off! The cast seems quite good together - I don't think Fran Drescher is too over the top, which was a concern.

Honored Contributor

We saw Indebted once. Too many cliches for me. Now we're watching The Nanny, which we've seen a million times already. The chemistry that cast has was incredible! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor
It's growing on me.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

We saw Indebted once. Too many cliches for me. Now we're watching The Nanny, which we've seen a million times already. The chemistry that cast has was incredible! Smiley Happy

I LOVE 'The Nanny'!   I still watch episodes frequently on LOGO and have seen every episode more times than I can count.  This is why I tuned in to 'Indebted'.   I really adore Fran Drescher.  Smiley Happy   Not the best show, I'll admit, but I still watch it to see her.

The wife of the son - I get the feel that she is trying to be Kaley Cuoco.  The son creeps me out a little bit.  I guess I just watch it for Fran and - crud, I forgot his name (from Wings - plays Fran's character's husband).

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

The wife of the son - I get the feel that she is trying to be Kaley Cuoco.  The son creeps me out a little bit.  I guess I just watch it for Fran and - crud, I forgot his name (from Wings - plays Fran's character's husband).

She does resemble Kaley.  I remember when she was a cast member on "SNL."  She's Chris Elliot's daughter, btw.

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

She does resemble Kaley.  I remember when she was a cast member on "SNL."  She's Chris Elliot's daughter, btw.

OMG! I did not know either of those things.   I skipped a bunch of years watching SNL, but have been watching for the last several years again.

That's mind-blowing that she is Chris Elliott's daughter.   Thanks  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Complete with subtitles.......like what?!  Barely made it through one episode.  Not on my must see list.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Sometimes I wonder if Pauley has lost some of her marbles?  The last couple of seasons on NCIS she acted so strange, and made some outrageous claims about what was happening on the set.  She also claims in her personal life that she has had a stalker forever.... so I wonder if she is so stressed out that she is having some problems?