Esteemed Contributor

Re: Broadway Queen Patti Rules! Go Patti!

When I traveled in September, I wanted to travel. I wore a mask from NJ to Debrovnik & only removed it to eat or drink. I took it off once we got into our hotel room. It was difficult sleeping in a mask. I changed masks every two hours. Was it comfortable? No. It was the price I was willing to pay to do something I wanted to do….same goes for the theater or any venue where a mask is required. I wear a mask when I think it is necessary, tho not required, and practice mask hygiene.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Visiting Broadway? Wear Your Mask!

I'm sure the usher did ask the audience member to put her mask on. As with many "anti-maskers" she thinks she's above the rules and is willing to put others in danger. Brava Patti!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

LMAO More Lupone drama during an onstage, after-performance panel discussion where no one had to be masked. Except the audience. Like the Drew Barrymore show, or any number of daytime gab shows where audience members, even among family members, are wearing distributed masks, while the hosts and guests, who greet each other with a hug, then lean in during a commercial, do not. Maybe the audience should be asking who Patti Lupone thinks SHE is. What nonsense.

Given Lupone's history of fighting with just about everyone, what's one more profane public outburst? What a boor. At some point she should be thinking she's the problem.

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

Years ago I was at a Mandy Patinkin concert (he's an amazing singer and actor) and someone's cellphone went off in the middle of his performance. He invited the audience member on stage and asked him why he needed to leave his phone on, was he a doctor??   A family member in crisis??    None of these were the reason, so Mandy kindly asked him to turn off his phone during the performance.   The guy agreed and all went well.

Either way it is done, I'm glad these people who don't care about anyone else were called out in front of others.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Patti Lupone is not the problem.   Drew Barrymore is not the problem. 

They both follow all current rules and regulations.  They are in total compliance. 

The elitist sat in the audience.   The arrogance sat in the audience.   The pompous "better than you" rulebreaker sat elbow to elbow with fellow attendees in the audience. 

The problem sat in the audience. 

Don't attend a show in a Broadway theater if you are incapable of understanding the most rudimentary and basic current requirements.