Esteemed Contributor

Re: Broadway Queen Patti Rules! Go Patti!

I love Patti Lapone and she is one of the greats in theater, imo. But, where were the ushers and house management? She should not have had to monitor masking.

All that being said, a private entity may employ any means to keep their employees safe. It doesn’t matter what you believe about masking; it is their right to do do. Knowing that, if you can’t mask, don’t go to a performance and make everyone else miserable. I’m sure the situation was disturbing to other patrons.

I was a nurse for 50 years and wore a mask thru many contagious situations. Masks work when worn properly and changed frequently. Material masks do not work. I never got sick.
Esteemed Contributor

One of the easiest things to do in the world today is to not go into a Broadway  theater.

Some posters act as if the patrons are being forced through the doors with electrified prods.

No one is required to attend.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager   It's all about ME, ME, ME, ME,  I, I, nobody else.  Narcissism at it's best~

Honored Contributor

Re: Visiting Broadway? Wear Your Mask!

@haddon9 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

went to the theater on thursday night.

broadway across america in baltimore.

they no longer require masks , but do require  proof of vaccination.

really enjoyed AINT TOO PROUD.....go see it if you havent.....it was FANTASTIC!

very glad i did not have to wear a mask.

this was the first play that they have done this with in our area.

i would say a little less than half were masked, a little more than half were unmased. cocktains/drinks and snacks were now allowed in the theater.

I can't imagine why you would need to show "proof of vaccination"....is this to protect others?  Almost everyone that I know who has now gotten Covid has been fully vaccinated & boosted.  The vaccine does NOT prevent transmission.

i have no idea why.....but those are the rules here in baltimore for the broadway shows. i was happy not to wear a mask last week and have avoided the theater while mask wearing was required. i just did not want to have to sit there with a mask on the entire evening. 

i did not mind showing my vaccine card.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Hahaha.  Such a Patti LuPone thing to do.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

One of the easiest things to do in the world today is to not go into a Broadway  theater.

Some posters act as if the patrons are being forced through the doors with electrified prods.

No one is required to attend.

ITA period.  I for one stopped going to the theater, movies, concerts, riding the subways or buses since our then Governor Cuomo shut down the city back in March 2020.  I can add church as well which I continue to watch online.  I miss all the things we use to do so freely before COVID but I will continue  to wear my mask whenever I leave my house and stay away from crowds.  I want to be safe and keep those around me safe too.

Trusted Contributor

I wax at the theater in Boston a few weeks ago. Both proof of vaccination and masks required. The requirements were very clearly stated on the websites Full support that - and I just don’t get why people bother to go if they are not going to comply
Respected Contributor

The theater is no different than any other place of business.  I have seen signs in places say "No shoes, no shirt, no service" and "We have the right to refuse service to anyone".  I also want to know how are actors supposed to give a performance if they are wearing masks?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Somertime  thank you for posting that list of Ms LuPone's work. I knew some but not nearly all.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

@Tique You are more than welcome.  In reading the comments, I realized that some people were not aware of Patti LuPone's body of work.  She was not only a Broadway Actress but in film as well as TV and then there is her voice!

The first time I saw her was on Broadway in Evita.  She was magnificent, Mandy Pantinkin was Che.  The whole production was fabulous.  I've been a fan ever since.