@Iwantcoffee wrote:

Patti Lupone was not wearing a mask when she told the audience member to get 

out for not wearing a mask.

Patti LuPone blasts anti-mask crowd - Internet Cloning

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

Patti Lupone was not wearing a mask when she told the audience member to get 

out for not wearing a mask.

Patti LuPone blasts anti-mask crowd - Internet Cloning

She was onstage fully socially distanced, as well as tested immediately prior to her performance, I'm sure.

@FLgardener she doesn't look socially distanced sitting there with people on either side of her.  Another case of do as I say, not as I do.....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Visiting Broadway? Wear Your Mask!

Here we go.

Those are the actors and director from the production.   Not audience members. 

They all meet the production safety protocols in adherence with Actor Equity requirements.  They are not audience members.  They are obeying every rule.  The masking rule is for the audience. 

It's pretty basic and straightforward.

Respected Contributor

Brava Ms Lupone!! Please let all of those who are soooooo offended stay away. You won't be missed. I have my tickets set for 6/8 after having my tickets cancelled 2 years ago.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Here we go.

Those are the actors and director from the production.   Not audience members. 

They all meet the production safety protocols in adherence with Actor Equity requirements.  They are not audience members.  They are obeying every rule.  The masking rule is for the audience. 

It's pretty basic and straightforward.

@Johnnyeager because they're better than - in a different class than the audience?  Who gives a rats backside about protocols.  Yep, do as I say, rules for thee but not for me.....

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

The story was on local news tonight.  This was an after show panel discussion with audience members.  PL motioned twice for 2 audience members to cover their mouths and noses with their masks. When they didn't you can see what happened.  The panel supported her.  They interviewed numerous audience members. Everyone shown supported PL.

Esteemed Contributor

Take it up with Actors Equity and The Broadway League.

Honored Contributor

I am noticing little by little I am seeing people wear masks again.  In some places numbers are going up.  It took me a while not to wear one.  I will probably wear one again, sometimes I am not comfortable without one.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

This is like the idiots who book a flight knowing they have to wear a mask and then refuse and cause a plane full of passengers to be delayed.  

You know or should know what is required of you.  If you don't like it, stay home.

Absolutely, you don't like the rules of a place don't go.  They have rights too.  If you don't want to wear a mask on a plane don't buy a ticket and if you have to go follow the rules.  Have respect for others.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

went to the theater on thursday night.

broadway across america in baltimore.

they no longer require masks , but do require  proof of vaccination.

really enjoyed AINT TOO PROUD.....go see it if you havent.....it was FANTASTIC!

very glad i did not have to wear a mask.

this was the first play that they have done this with in our area.

i would say a little less than half were masked, a little more than half were unmased. cocktains/drinks and snacks were now allowed in the theater.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interviews with other theater goers indicate that initially Patti very, very, very politely gestured to the non-compliant to pull up their mask.  This is not on film.  Repeatedly the request was made. What was filmed was the culmination of her disappointment and frustration. 

Patti is The Queen!  Go Girl!

And The Music Man, here I come!  (The audience mask mandate runs through the end of May, but may be extended by The Broadway League.)