Honored Contributor

Re: Visiting Broadway? Wear Your Mask!

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I wonder why the offender was not discreetly asked to comply with the masking requirement by an usher or a member of management during the performance. 

Exactly!  If she lit up a cigarette or stripped naked, security would have removed.  

Trusted Contributor

Meet the requirements or stay home. The theater has been plagued by covid.

Miss LP's callout was harsh, but how harsh was the patron who broke all rules callously?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Patty was not required to be masked under Actors Equity rules.   She was not an audience member during this "talk back", which is considered to be part of the performance by Actors Equity.  Actors are not required to be masked during rehearsal and performance. 

"Company" is a vaccination required production. 

Testing protocols are extensive under the agreement between Actors Equity and producers.

Honored Contributor

This is like the idiots who book a flight knowing they have to wear a mask and then refuse and cause a plane full of passengers to be delayed.  

You know or should know what is required of you.  If you don't like it, stay home.

Honored Contributor

Patti has spunk!!!

Esteemed Contributor

A sample from the Actors Equity Agreement regarding testing protocols:

ii. Surveillance Testing: No less than three (3) times a week during in-person work for actors, stage managers, and everyone working in close, direct contact with actors (e.g., wardrobe fitters, dressers, hair and makeup crew).

1. For partially vaccinated and those who have not had a booster, workplace testing protocols will be no less than every workday.

2. Those in the production group that ALWAYS wear a respirator (N95, KN95, KF94) at the workplace and never work in close contact with the actors or stage managers may test no less than two (2) times a week. 

Respected Contributor

This is so simple....follow the rules or do not go. No one is forcing you to go to the theater, it is something that was chosen. Why do people need to make life so hard? I used to go to see at least 5 Broadway shows a year. Now you could not pay me to go. The seats are very close together. The person sitting next to you is almost in your lap.Too close to be comfortable in these covid times, mask or no mask.

Regular Contributor

Yeah - I will pass on the mask wearing and spend my money in another state. Thank you

Honored Contributor

@Shelbella262 wrote:

Yeah - I will pass on the mask wearing and spend my money in another state. Thank you

Which is exactly what we expect reasonable people to do.  Follow the mask policies or don't come.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am vaxxed and boosted.  Could I still get Covid, yes, no one said you wouldn't get it.  However, my chances of getting deathly ill and, being in the hospital having a ventilator down my gullet is lessened. Less people hospitalized  less strain on the system.

You can still get the flu even with a flu shot. He**, I had my tubes tied, actually cut and cauterized, and still got pregnant 10 years later.  It was an ectopic pregnancy and I was bleeding internally. The doctor who removed the tube and ovary told me to buy a lottery ticket as a pregnancy was so unlikely.

Nothing in life is guaranteed.