Super Contributor

British Series on Netflix: Land Girls

Anyone watching this? WWII era story that follows 4 city girls sent to the country to fill in for the men who have enlisted in the Armed Forces. The only star I recognize is Nathaniel Parker (Inspector Lynley from the Elizabeth George Series). I've watched 3 episodes so far and while some of the story lines are interesting, the farmer who is there to provide comic relief is a bit over the top.

"Created by Roland Moore, `Land Girls' follows the lives and loves of four girls away from home, doing their bit for Britain in the Women's Land Army. Set on the Hoxley Manor estate, against the backdrop of war-weary Britain in the 1940s, the series depicts how the girls balance their working lives at the run-down pasture farm with the opulent living conditions at the estate. As they adapt to their new surroundings, and knuckle down to some hard work and play, they realise very quickly that their lives will never be the same again."

Trusted Contributor

Re: British Series on Netflix: Land Girls

I haven't seen it, but I may check it out. Thanks for your review!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: British Series on Netflix: Land Girls

I bought the series but gave it all away. The four girls are changed out within the story with different backgrounds and histories. I couldn't watch as it was rather unsettling to me because of some of the situations the girls were in and some loosing their sweethearts.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust