Honored Contributor

I just started a free 1 week trial of this service. I love .British tv, and the line up looks very good. I already watched  an episode of the original " Upstairs .Downstairs" . I watched this on PBS in the 70's, and it is great to revisit it. Have any of you subscribed to Britbox, I would love to know what you think.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

love British TV also, and Canadian and Australian. I have and love  Acorn TV, am curious about Brit box, thanks for the suggestion.

Honored Contributor

@jbs wrote:

love British TV also, and Canadian and Australian. I have and love  Acorn TV, am curious about Brit box, thanks for the suggestion.

I have Acorn and I like it. But I think I will like Britbox even more.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I did check out Britibox but it was not for me it was mostly programs I had seen older shows.  I now subscribe to uk proxy t.v. $9.99 a month and it shows programs live of what is on BBC and ITV now. 

I have already seen the upcoming new Poldark, Girl on the Lake - both coming to PBS later this year but already shown in U.K. and seen so many great mysteries which we do not get over here.  I also get live viewing of all sports, parades, cooking shows, documentaries etc which are being shown.  Great value for me.

Only reason I sought this out was when PBS dropped Eastenders my U.K. soap which I now watch this 4 times a week on days it is shown in U.K.  As a I am Brit makes me feel at home!