Respected Contributor

Britbox: Is It Worth It?

[ Edited ]

I am tempted to sign up for Britbox.

For those that have it, are you happy with the shows offered and do you use it frequently?

Thanks!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

Re: Britbox: Is It Worth It?

I have had it for a couple of years and still like it, as I am a fan of many British tv series.  Be sure to look through the content, and perhaps do a trial, if they offer one.  I have enjoyed most of the crime/police dramas, and there are a LOT of them, including very old ones. They usually add a few new titles every month.   You should also do a comparison with Acorn Online, which has some similar content. 

Respected Contributor

YES!!! to both questions.  We love Britbox and watch it most of the time.  The selection is tremendous and the programs are excellent.  You see crime/drama series like Vera, Shetland, Wallender, The Fall, Line of Duty, and on and on.   They add seasons to  a lot of the shows and have a big variety of genres.  We love the crime and dramas.   Our cable selection is a joke and there really is nothing to watch most of the time.  

One thing we really like is being able to watch a bunch of seasons at our leasure or to keep watching when we are so caught up in the story.  To me the quality of the programming and acting is much higher than we see on our cable.  

We love Britbox.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

It really depends on what you like....be sure to examine the lineup.  We love it....Mrs Bouquet and One Day At a Time with Judi Dench....great!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Mersha I did a 7 day trial for Britbox one time, really enjoyed it as I love the British shows, caught up on Vera, Midsomer Murders & some others & really wished I was able to continue.

Right now I'm taking advantage of Xfinity's free week of differing networks & right now am watching/enjoying Queens of Mystery on Acorn.

Respected Contributor

Thanks to everyone for your input.

I enjoyed "Broadchurch" so much I thought Britbox might be a good option.

I will definitely check out Acorn also.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

It is for me!  I love Britsh tv so I watch a lot of Britbox and Acorn Tv.

Respected Contributor

@Mersha, Britbox currently has an offer for $1.99 for first two months. Then it reverts to $7.99 until you cancel. Don't remember when the offer expires but it seems a great way for you to see if you'll like it.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@Mersha, Britbox currently has an offer for $1.99 for first two months. Then it reverts to $7.99 until you cancel. Don't remember when the offer expires but it seems a great way for you to see if you'll like it.

Is Closed Captioning available?

Esteemed Contributor

I highly recommend signing up!  I love the British shows.  Father Brown is my all-time favorite.