Honored Contributor

Anyone subscribe to this. I know it is streaming and streaming is next to impossible for us(too slow),but if it is worth it there may be ways for us to stream.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Anyone subscribe to this. I know it is streaming and streaming is next to impossible for us(too slow),but if it is worth it there may be ways for us to stream.

@Group 5 minus 1  We watch something on BritBox almost every day. I think we get it as an 'add on' through Amazon Prime.

Trusted Contributor

We have it as an add on through Amazon, too.  I LOVE it!  I watch it more than any other service.  You can try it for 30 days for free, so you can decide for yourself if it is worth it.

Honored Contributor

I love it. They have wonderful programing

Frequent Contributor

I am interested. What are some of your favorite shows?

Valued Contributor

I am not familiar with Brit Box, but I subscribe to a similar service as an add-on to Amazon called Acorn.  I initially subscribed to it because it's the only way to get all 9 seasons of Doc Martin (which, in my opinion, is one of the best shows ever made) but there's lots of other interesting shows as well - Good Karma Hospital, A Place to Call Home (the Australian "Downton Abbey"), 800 Words.  Our family really enjoys British TV.

Honored Contributor

My favorite program on BritBox is "Gardener's World" featuring Monty Don.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

I am not familiar with Brit Box, but I subscribe to a similar service as an add-on to Amazon called Acorn.  I initially subscribed to it because it's the only way to get all 9 seasons of Doc Martin (which, in my opinion, is one of the best shows ever made) but there's lots of other interesting shows as well - Good Karma Hospital, A Place to Call Home (the Australian "Downton Abbey"), 800 Words.  Our family really enjoys British TV.

@sueeich  I love Doc Martin!!!  Nice to meet another fan.

Esteemed Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

Thank you for this information.  I am trying to decide which to subscribe to.  I took out DVDs from my local library and binge watched many episodes of Doc Martin.  I absolutely fell in love with this series and grew to love this old crank.  I know at this point I am two seasons behind.  I do get the Acorn catalog and save a few just to get a synopsis of the biggest British shows.  I also enjoy Father Brown, but I am just scratching the surface.  Love all the interesting and unique items in the Acorn catalog, as well.

Valued Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@sueeich wrote:

Thank you for this information.  I am trying to decide which to subscribe to.  I took out DVDs from my local library and binge watched many episodes of Doc Martin.  I absolutely fell in love with this series and grew to love this old crank.  I know at this point I am two seasons behind.  I do get the Acorn catalog and save a few just to get a synopsis of the biggest British shows.  I also enjoy Father Brown, but I am just scratching the surface.  Love all the interesting and unique items in the Acorn catalog, as well.

Doc Martin is a real treasure.  I've been trying to watch Season 9 very slowly since it's supposed to be the last season although there have been rumors that they might consider a season 10.  I also discovered another cute show on Acorn called Agatha Raisin, a mystery show.  it's set in the Cotswolds and I absolutely love the sceney!