Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bringing back will & Grace ...what other shows would you like to come back?

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

"As the World Turns" and "Guiding Light".

@deepwaterdotter. Ya no wasn't thinking about soaps ,  but if going there then yes, As the world turns,  and Another World for sure !!!  And night time soaps such as Dynasty , and the return again of Dallas maybe and falcons crest .

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Kitty Galore.  I didn't think anyone else remembered American Dreams. Loved that show.

@proudlyfromNJ. I think your probably right .  I just loved that show , with American Bandstand and all !  Love the characters too !! I still have the first season on DVD.  And the music was the best as well !  I think being from the east coast it's easy to relate to the show .

Trusted Contributor

Roseanne is coming back next year, too, and Will & Grace has been renewed for another season even though the newest one hasn't even aired yet.  Apparently the network heads have been watching the episodes as they've been being filming, and they already think it's going to be a hit.  I would love to see Dynasty come back with Joan Collins and Linda Evans (you know you want to see them slap each other around again), but unfortunately they've already made a new season with a totally different cast.  It looks terrible.  I would also like the see Murphy Brown come back, as I think it would be particularly relevant today, and Cheers would be a dream come true.  

Super Contributor

Girlfriends

Living Single

Persons of Interest

Frasier

Honored Contributor

Personally, rather than all the reboots and retreads, I'd prefer to see them come up with quality, nicely produced, well written, well acted new shows... Sadly, they seem incapable of it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

One show that I would love to see come back is "ER".

I loved that show!

And yes, " Will & Grace" was a silly show, but that's why I liked it.

It was a form of escapism for me.

I'll be watching it again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Poor "Will & Grace"...even the commercials look bad.

My BFF, who can quote every original episode, has brought up a good point...when the original show came out in the late 90's, being outwardly gay was still new to much of the general public...and being a 'rich B' (Karen) was unusual.  Today?  With all the reality shows where everyone is gay, rich & bi*chy, it just the same ole, same ole.

Rare,

RARE....

a show should make a 'come back'.

Just die & let the memory live on. 

Trusted Contributor

I would love it if the following shows came back:

Mad Men

True Blood

and I wish Game of Thrones wasn't in their last season!!!!

Contributor

I absolutely loved American Dreams and I only remember there being one season of it. I missed one episode (the one where Montel Williams played a civil rights activist) and they never showed any reruns.  I got an Amazon firestick so I could watch that - it's the first show I made sure I had access to.  I only remember one season of it, which is really strange, as I became disabled during that time period, and TV is my saving grace. Great show, wonderful music and really cool to have current singers playing the parts on Bandstand, like Usher as Marvin Gaye, Kelly Clarkson as Brenda Lee, LeAnn Rimes as Connie Francis and Brad Paisley as Ricky Nelson.  Great show. Can't wait to start binge watching those!!

Will always miss the West Wing and the spirit behind it. Wonderful acting and writing. I learned so much about how our government works, or should when there is still an ounce of optimism,

Esteemed Contributor

I am streaming FRIENDS on NETFLEX, so funny.  Never watched when it aired.  I never watched WILL and GRACE either.