Respected Contributor

Recently heard it was canceled but don't know why.  Perhaps their connection to the Duggars?  

Respected Contributor

I have no idea but you could probably do an online search and find out.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I am glad all those shows are cancelled.  All those people did was get married and reproduce like rabbits.  They don't seem to have any other outside interests.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Isn't the Bates family dad the leader of the church Jim Bob attends? I could have sworn I read this. I have never watched a show but have seen them on the old Duggar series.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

Isn't the Bates family dad the leader of the church Jim Bob attends? I could have sworn I read this. I have never watched a show but have seen them on the old Duggar series.

They're all related or friends with each other. That's why it's a cult. They all marry one another and reproduce like rabbits. Little education or interests outside of getting pregnant and seeing who can have the most kids.

Honored Contributor

I think the Bates and Dugger families met thru their home school network, and the yearly conferences they attended.

Gil Bates pastors a Baptist church near their home in TN.  

I interpreted the shows cancellation to be based more on the fact the show is no longer in line with the original concept, which was to show how parents today are raising a very large family.   Once the older Bates children married and started their family, there's less focus on life at home with Gil and Kelly, and more focus on expansion of the adult childrens families.   

Honored Contributor

I find their religious beliefs to be somewhat  odd.  I have to say that the mother at least worked with her girls in the kitchen,  That Duggar mother did nothing and had her girls raising her children.  All in all, that is way too many children.  It's not fair to the children because you are deprived of so many things =  one having to shop in 2nd hand stores all the time.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Perhaps their ratings are no longer able to keep the show on air.

I hope the network will bring on some new, more interesting shows.

Super Contributor

During a home video that was shown .... on Instagram. (I think) ..they made some racist comment while playing charades....after that became public...the show was immediately canceled.....

Respected Contributor

@TVLand Just saw that and can see why it's canceled now---pretty despicable.