Respected Contributor

New Netflix series; watched first 2 episodes last night.  Not sure if I will continue watching.  Julie Andrews is the narrator which is what attracted me but its kinda strange concept.  Any thoughts?

Esteemed Contributor

Can you tell us why?  I was going to start it at some point, would be interested in your opinion.  TIA.  @Catch71 

Honored Contributor

I watched it and loved it.  I can't wait for the next season.

Respected Contributor

I will finally be able to watch it today.  Many here have really liked it.  I hope I do too!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@LindaSal 

I guess I didn't realize it was a comedy.  I will watch a few more episodes; maybe I will get into it.  My daughter thinks I should watch Virgin River.  Her husband says its "Cheesey" but she said its sweet story.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 Thanks, I think I am going to try and watch it.   As far as Virgin River, I watched that full series and I really liked it.  It's a nice story and my hubby enjoyed it too.  Have fun!

Honored Contributor

I found the first couple of episodes hard to watch but I stuck with it and ended up enjoying it.  I agree that it is a strange series.

What I found to be strange was that when it comes to race & color we should be color blind even though it is set in 1813 high society London.  In that regard we're supposed to think like it's 2020. You see people of color as lords, ladies, dukes and even the queen. There are mixed race couples which is accenpted out in the open.

That said, when it comes to other issues such as women's rights, women are second class citizens.  It's now 1813.  Women are controlled by the men in the family and their only goal is supposed to be a good marriage. It's a scandal if they become pregnant outside of marriage!

Makes no sense to me but I did enjoy it as it's a good romance.

Contributor

Not comedy but light hearted and terrific.  Really enjoyed!

Respected Contributor

@Catch71 

I did not know it was a comedy either.  I thought it was a period drama, but then I have not read the books.

I will be watching it later today.  I have Virgin River on my list to watch too.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Contributor

It's a fantasy but wouldn't be wonderful if we could be more like this movie as far as race relations.