Honored Contributor

This was mentioned awhile back, but I am enjoying it so much, I thought I'd mention it again.  This is a romance based on a series of books by Julia Quinn that takes place in Regency England. The narrator is voiced by Julie Andrews, and she plays Lady Whistledown, a writer who publishes a gossip sheet about the Ton. Who is she and how does she know so much? Hmmm.  Violet Bridgerton is a widow with eight children and she wants to see them happily married and settled. Try it I'll bet you will be entertained. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm glad you liked it. I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but I'm very much looking forward to it!  

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I am watching it right now. Loving it.

Respected Contributor

I am planning on watching it .. as soon as football is over !!!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion and will give it a try.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor
I binged the entire series today. A fun, sometimes steamy, day off. As I usually do when something like this comes on - I googled the books to see what the remaining books in the series are about. Whistledown is apparently not known until the 4th book (although we find out who at the end of the final episode). I caught some of the modern songs used, but hadn’t been listening well enough I guess for all of them (missed Billie Eilish, for example.)

Also read that Covid delayed filming season 2 and that a year of filming had been scheduled to complete it. Therefore, according to some random website, we likely shouldn’t expect season 2 until 2022. Although, I also read season 2 had not been officially green lit, so whatever. Will watch if it returns.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Bridgerton on Netflix

[ Edited ]

I'm up to the third episode and finding it interesting and amusing. There is some intrigue, some steaminess in a subtle way, and a good capture of the period. Shonda Rhimes had a hand in this and her influence shows. I look forward to finishing the season of episodes and hope there will be more to the series.

Here's a write up and a preview for the curious:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/think/amp/ncna1251989#vch=hdbUNuaP9rE

Esteemed Contributor

@gizmogal  The steaminess definitely turns up in later episodes, once the main characters marry (I don't think that's a spoiler - I'm pretty sure that's in the description of the show.)  Pretty sure you will be changing your "subtle" comment. 😊

Honored Contributor

I am two episodes in, I LOVE it, but then again I'm a sucker for a British accent and a period piece. Hello Rege-Jean Page ( Simone Basset Duke of Hastings), where have you been hiding yourself, your gorgeous! I looked him up, he was on the ABC series For The People, he caught my eye then too.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bridgerton on Netflix

[ Edited ]

I binged watched the entire season yesterday (Saturday). I thoroughly enjoyed it, it's definitely steamy, especially in the latter episodes.  

I don't want to give anything away, but I had made a guess early on about whom Whistledown was and I found out that I was correct. 

I forgot to add that I did not know that this a series of books by Julia Quinn, so I plan on placing on my TBR list and reading.