Trusted Contributor

Re: Brian Williams to Anchor MSNBC for Pope's Visit

I feel sorry for him.....how brave to accept all the bad words and thoughts thrown at him and for him to want to make good of it all and want to return to the news.....I could not do it.....

Honored Contributor

What he did was nothing.  So what if he embellished a story.  Who doesn't do that.  What mattered to me was that he did not at any time, ever report it as news.  However, it's not his first time a the rodeo.....lol   He's not a newbie.  He'll do just fine.  Why wouldn't he? 

Honored Contributor

MSNBC will have him on a short leash.  If found to embellish any stories about the Pope, it will probably be the end for him.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I'll never watch Brian Williams again, and I liked him.  How much more disrepctful could he have been to every man & woman who has ever served our country, than to make up a story that he was in shot at while during a story. 

Honored Contributor

The Pope said "Who am I to Judge?" If the Pope isn't going to judge than posters shouldn't either, or should they?

Valued Contributor

I used to like Brian Williams well enough, but I eventually thought he seemed more interested in "show business", rock music, etc.  He really ate up being on the late night talk shows.  I think he should persue some of that, rather than being in the news business anymore.  After what he did, I just don't think he belongs in the news profession.  Trust is an important factor.

Valued Contributor

Occassionalrain, if we didn't "judge" or assess some people's behavior, there wouldn't be anybody in jail or prison.  Sometimes it's necessary.

Trusted Contributor

Just an opinion and not to cause a spat, as I respect everyone's opinion - but I would love to have a "fact check "with all  anchors. 

I think many have stated "facts"- they know are exaggerations , and do it frequently.   Not on the same level perhaps , but many are "less than 100% honest."   Can't go to a controversial topic, so I will leave it at that.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

That is OUTSTANDING news for Brian Williams return to the news! Glad to hear it!

"Pure Michigan"