What is it

Honored Contributor

Re: Brett Chuckermann

[ Edited ]

@MaryLamb wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@catter70 wrote:

Did anyone catch his last show? At the end, he introduced his daughter, son and handsome husband. I always enjoyed his presentations. I may have misunderstood, but it sounded like he might have been leaving because of his husband's job relo or something.

unclear why he is leaving along with the other 2, but yeah for HSN for having a SS couple on the air 

Agree and shocked, franky, that the Qurate powers that be went along with it... I don't think you'd ever see the same on QVC, you know, where they prefer ongoing discussions of faith... as long as it promotes sales... Never, of couse, on the boards...

Smiley Wink

@stevieb   Do you really think the Qurate powers that be had a choice? More often than not, hosts have their families on when they celebrate a special milestone or depart the company. Do you really think that if he requested his family appear on his last show that the network would have said, “no?” He would have owned HSN by the time that lawsuit was litigated.

@MaryLamb  Yes, I absolutely think Qurate has the last word on who appears on their dime... They can come up with an infinity of viable and perfectly legal reasons for excluding anyone from appearing on their sound stages. In this instance, I'll give them props for not doing so... Many hosts have simply disappeared with no farewell at all and others, though their departures were planned, had no 'special' send-off. I always liked Brett, so am glad he had a nice farewell and was able to include his lovely family...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I write to Bret on facebook and he is moving to New England   I dont know why I never asked him  Ive known   I cant wait to see whats up for his family he got married to a man for years  He has qute the internet following  He has been in several movies etc  I was so emotional between his leaving , his beautiful children and his movie star husband.

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@catter70 wrote:

Did anyone catch his last show? At the end, he introduced his daughter, son and handsome husband. I always enjoyed his presentations. I may have misunderstood, but it sounded like he might have been leaving because of his husband's job relo or something.

unclear why he is leaving along with the other 2, but yeah for HSN for having a SS couple on the air 

Agree and shocked, franky, that the Qurate powers that be went along with it... I don't think you'd ever see the same on QVC, you know, where they prefer ongoing discussions of faith... as long as it promotes sales... Never, of couse, on the boards...

Smiley Wink

@stevieb   Do you really think the Qurate powers that be had a choice? More often than not, hosts have their families on when they celebrate a special milestone or depart the company. Do you really think that if he requested his family appear on his last show that the network would have said, “no?” He would have owned HSN by the time that lawsuit was litigated.

@MaryLamb  Yes, I absolutely think Qurate has the last word on who appears on their dime... They can come up with an infinity of viable and perfectly legal reasons for excluding anyone from appearing on their sound stages. In this instance, I'll give them props for not doing so... Many hosts have simply disappeared with no farewell at all and others, though their departures were planned, had no 'special' send-off. I always liked Brett, so am glad he had a nice farewell and was able to include his lovely family...

@stevieb  Of course they have the last word, and can think of many excuses to prevent anyone from appearing. However, when a precedent has been established for allowing previous hosts to feature their familes on their last show and those hosts appear in a court of law to testify that Qurate had no problem with their families appearing in their last show, then Qurate would have a serious problem. Also, just because a company does business with people who have certain political or religious opinions doesn’t mean they share, support or are trying to promote those opinions. It could be that they’re just doing business. It’s also 2019, and Qurate might be aware that gay people exist and can get married, and this may not be the big deal you are trying to make of it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Brett Chuckermann

[ Edited ]

@MaryLamb I don't perceive anything I said as 'making a big deal of it'... QVC has several gay vendors and at least one gay host. While most of them are open about it on social media, none of them has historically been very open about it on-air, hence my being pleased, if a bit surprised, that Brett appeared with his family for his farewell show. That's all...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Should Bret's orientation even be discussed here?? What does it have to do with him leaving HSN? NOTHING.

Super Contributor

I looked at his facebook page and he said his HSN email is going with him. He also said it’s going to be a new adventure for him, so whether he lost his job or not is anybody’s way of looking at things. If he’s going to the UK to work for the Qurate company, then you can really look at it as not losing your job. I’d love to look at it as an adventure too! 

Honored Contributor

@Justholdingon wrote:

I looked at his facebook page and he said his HSN email is going with him. He also said it’s going to be a new adventure for him, so whether he lost his job or not is anybody’s way of looking at things. If he’s going to the UK to work for the Qurate company, then you can really look at it as not losing your job. I’d love to look at it as an adventure too! 

Someone posted he is going to New England, not the UK. 

Honored Contributor

@JesssMe   Hosts Robin Wall and Connie Craig Carroll have already left HSN.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@JesssMe wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@catter70 wrote:

Other 2, who else is leaving HSN?

Connie and Robin 

left quite recently, can speculate on that till the cows come home