Honored Contributor

Brenda Buttner Fox News has passed away at 55

I didn't even know she was ill, here is a link to a lovely tribute by Neil Cavuto:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/20/brenda-buttner-passes-away-remembering-bulls-bears-host

RIP Brenda, good thoughts and prayers for you, your daughters and your family.

Honored Contributor

Re: Brenda Buttner Fox News has passed away at 55

[ Edited ]

Thank you, mtc.  I had seen just the last part of Neil Cavuto's tribute to her on Fox, and was touched that he was so broken up.

I enjoyed Brenda Buttner's effervescent sense of humor, and although had not seen her in quite a while, had no idea either that anything was amiss.

An accomplished and lovely professional.

Honored Contributor

Brenda Buttner,

Image result for rest in peace rose pics

Honored Contributor

Neil gave a wonderful tribute and I teared up with him.  When was she last on the air?  Seems the clips Neil showed stopped around Nov, 2015.

Esteemed Contributor

What a beautiful tribute....I didn't know her but it still brought tears to my eyes...

Esteemed Contributor

I've missed her for a year since her cancer issue was known - a smart funny financial expert - hosted "Bulls & Bears" every Saturday AM on FOX and contributed to various financial insights on other shows.  She's been missed for a year..........and will be missed a lot by us news/financial junkies.   God Bless Brenda.

(and thank you Neal on your 4 pm show - those tears were real)

Respected Contributor

Brenda was bright -  Rhodes scholar, Harvard  etc -  she could hold her own with the men on CNBC then Fox Biz.  she was a bundle of energy with a ready smile.  Neil and then Charles P were clearly choked up at this oh so final news.   may she be at peace and may her daughters find comfort in the days to come.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I watch it.  I wondered why I hadn't seen her in awhile.  She was young and had so much more life to live.  That's so sad.  Thanks for the information.

Valued Contributor

I'm not familiar with her or her work, but news like this is sad. Thanks for sharing, and kindest thoughts to her family and colleagues.

Respected Contributor

@KLm wrote:

I'm not familiar with her or her work, but news like this is sad. Thanks for sharing, and kindest thoughts to her family and colleagues.

Nor am I.

Her credentials are impressive.

Far too young to die.