Honored Contributor

This is a new show on Hulu (10 1/2 hour episodes), a British comedy starring Martin Freeman (Paul), Daisy Haggard (Ally), Michael McKean in a small role. Ally and Paul are a couple raising two young kids, seven and four. Described by Hulu, Breeders, a new comedy series explores the paradox that every parent knows but never admits: you would willingly die for your children, but quite often you also want to kill them.

Honored Contributor

No takers on this show either ( not High Fidelity either)?

Honored Contributor

In watching this show, two things I have to comment on. The children are 7 (boy) and 4 ( girl). They share a room and bathe together. Sharing a room doesn't bother me much, but the two of them bathing together is inappropriate. Also the dad isn't exactly father of the year, he hasn't much patience with the kids, has a short fuse, and curses in front of them ( the mom curses a lot too ). The kids want mommy over daddy, which makes me feel badly for dads in general. I remember growing up if I was sick, my mother would send in my father. I of course wanted mommy and said so. I now know how much that must have wounded my father by not wanting his company and comfort.

Honored Contributor

I watched the season while it was airing on cable tv and have enjoyed it.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I forgot to say - 

Spoiler
I was saddened by Michael McKean's short tenure on the show.  I would have liked for him to be a permanent character.  Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt 

Spoiler
I was getting worried at the end that Luke would die, glad he didn't. What happened to Paul's promise of being a good dad, that didn't last long. He has a real problem, he is very hard on Luke, some people shouldn't have children.
Honored Contributor

The new season starts tonight on FX, next day on HULU, and there are two episodes (at 10:00). I believe they made a jump in time as the children have aged somewhat.