Valued Contributor

Married to Medicine is following the trend with a painting party with naked male models and lots of constant arguing.

If they would just calmly talk to each other - but I guess there's goes the story line.

Anybody else see Toya's birthday painting party?

Valued Contributor

Re: Bravo Real Housewives

[ Edited ]

@FastDogWalker2  ...  totally agree with you.  Last year they began the trips to wherever to these fabulous hotels and some housewives began traveling with their glam squads ... RHOBH was one and it just turned me off.  Erica Jane had a 2 or 3 people she took along to Japan to do her hair, makeup and dress her for “dinner” or whatever.  Then everyone was getting glammed  up for the meals ... same with Atlanta with Porsha getting ready for baby showers, etc., and I just tired of ALL of it.  It used to be everyone got bigger boobs ...  now they’re reducing the size.  The RHONY Romona got new teeth and on WWHL Andy Cohen mentioned her teeth looked nice and she quickly gave the name of the dentist who fixed them.  Now everyone’s teeth look the same ... PERFECT white teeth.  Now it’s LOOK at what I have !!  There used to be a story line but now it’s like show and tell and I’ve moved on.  Language is over the top ... and please don’t bring me along thru the magic of television to watch you get your Botox treatment, sit and talk to you while you’re undergoing a “cleanse” or to have your ****** rejuvenated.  I’m sure they all get “freebies” from all of the above, not to mention those who landscape their lawn.  I love trashy TV, but now it’s 90 Day Fiancé or Married At First Sight or occasionally Doctor PimplePopper.  I DO enjoy Vanderpump Rules or anything with Lisa and her dogs ... but I’ve grown tired of the fighting among Housewives no matter where they reside ...  go cuss and flaunt your wealth somewhere else thanks ... Lisa Rinna especially wore the clothes she sells on QVC to advertise it on her show ... no more look at what I have ...  

Respected Contributor

I am somewhat addicted to the HW programs, however I did stop watching Atlanta (several years ago after Kenya's dog was killed - that was it for me), I stopped watching Dallas - they are intolerable as well and I just can't relate to them on any level, but I do watch BH, OC, NYC, and yes, dare I say, NJ (however I wish Danielle would leave).  NJ is worth watching simply for Margaret's one-liners, I really get a kick out of her dry sense of humor).

But I do agree, esp. with the OC - those women are off the charts crude and embarrassing.  I too enjoy seeing their homes, clothes, meals at restaurants, vacations, accessories, etc...but to have to sit thru all the nonsense is getting harder and harder to do.  I find myself doing other things on the computer while the show is on so I'm paying only half attention.

I will continue to watch the OC, but if something happens to Archie (Shannon's dog) I am done.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I still watch NJ, BH, NY, and OC. I gave up Dallas this season and Atlanta years ago. I still watch the Real Estate shows and Below Deck.

The OC is at its all time low IMO. This season is just ridiculously disgusting in so many ways.

Honored Contributor

I still watch

BH

NY

Potomac

ATL

OC

However, OC is one that I may not watch after this season, if it is going to continue this path. I am also getting bored of BH and all of their over the top shenanigans.......

I enjoy Potomac and NY the most.. Even ATL has calmed down compared to OC.....It starts back up Nov 3rd, so will have to check it out.....Hopefully it won't be too horrible, but the last season on ATL was realatively tame....

I don't watch NJ or DFW....I watched the 1st couple of seasons of NJ, but Teresa and Joe and Danielle were just too much....And there were two other women on there, one of which is no longer on there, I can see her face, but can't remember her name-lots of yelling and table flipping,etc....... The OC is at an all time low though for sure. This season is really bad......They better clean it up before next season........ 

Esteemed Contributor

I was a huge fan from the beginning (RHOC, Episode 1).  However, I find myself less and less interested.  I only watch Orance County, Beverly Hills, Atlanta and New York with any regularity now.  I gave up Jersey due to the felons.  Potomac and Dallas are kind of bland and I only half watch out of boredom and lack of anything else.  I was going to give up Atlanta after last season but I'll probably watch because I think Kenya makes good tv.  Without Bethenny, New York is now out also.  I did see last night's OC episode and I'm now done with that one.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I watched OC, ( the latest episode) and they were tongue kissing , and falling down drunk, screaming most of the time. I feel disgusted by them. It seems like the same old, same old every episode. No class at all!

Valued Contributor

Hi, Flatbush.  I totally agree with you.  It was very unbecoming and tasteless.  It doesn't seem like they have much to contribute.  I used to like watching the New York Housewives and Beverly Hills because at least they tried to do some charity work in the beginning.  Now, it is just drinking, four language and fighting.  

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

If the behavior described here is that of "real" housewives, I must be a fake.

@deepwaterdotter  You're comment made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the laugh. I used to watch several of these franchises but outgrew them... I guess. I know they no longer appeal to me.

Respected Contributor

I've only watched RHOA, but after last season, I'm ready to stop.

All they seem to do is go on vacation and get into screaming matches.

The show was more interesting when Phaedra was part of the cast.

But her outlandish lies got her fired.