Respected Contributor

When these shows were first on, I must admit I enjoyed watching them.  I liked seeing the houses, restaurants, vacations, clothes, etc.  That is no longer the case for me; the shows are no longer entertaining. Firstly, the housewives seem so privileged but are constantly complaining about something.  Secondly, they use such foul language.  And lastly, it seems that they have reverted to talking about sex...constantly.  I have given up watching.  Anyone else?

Honored Contributor

I don't watch any of them anymore either, for a variety of reasons.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

When these shows were first on, I must admit I enjoyed watching them.  I liked seeing the houses, restaurants, vacations, clothes, etc.  That is no longer the case for me; the shows are no longer entertaining. Firstly, the housewives seem so privileged but are constantly complaining about something.  Secondly, they use such foul language.  And lastly, it seems that they have reverted to talking about sex...constantly.  I have given up watching.  Anyone else?

Exactly! When it was harmless fun. The houses, trips etc. when the biggest disagreement was a tennis match or when they brought their husband to girls night. Now I feel Andy Cohen is exploiting marriages, families in some cases mental health as he dangles money and fame in exchange for their dignity. I stopped about 2 years ago. No longer light hearted fun.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bravo Real Housewives

[ Edited ]

Agree with you , at first the fashion, home & sights were entertaining, however  all the real Housewives shows   are so foul in language not to mention  the behavior of these women who most  have some psychological problems for which they need professional care.  The Orange Co women were  disgusting grabbing each other's breasts & constant sexual stuff in public places.  Are they exhibitionists ?  The Real Housewives of Dallas has plently of trash mouthing from LeeAnn . Stephanie seems to be one of the level headed ones who atleast  states on air she gets help with Depression.  Am sure the NJ group will be just a comon in their behavior .

Contributor

I watched the last episode of orange county last night.  I fast forwarded through a great deal of it.. I think it is really disturbing and I am embarrased for them and their families.  It doesn't seem to bother them at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been giving them up one by one over the past few years, first New Jersey then Atlanta, recently Orange County. Still have Beverly Hills & New York on my agenda but the way they're going they might be next to go. I watched Potomac a few times a couple of years ago but couldn't get into it. If there were or still are others I never got involved. 

Respected Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 , I couldn't agree more!  I had on RHOC last night in the background while doing other things and all I heard was screeching, whining, crying, swearing and hyenas laughing.  Then I looked and saw women making out with each other while squeezing and fondling each others' body parts.  And, this was all done in the middle of a restaurant filled with other people!  I thought "why am I watching this???"

Super Contributor

Agreed.  I used to watch them all when they first came one.  Now the only one I watch is NY, and then only if it happens to come on.  The theme for all of them now seems to be taking one petty grievance, somebody said something to or about someone and they will fight and argue and scream and act like escaped mental patients over it for the rest of the season into the next.  They are all real yawnfests and it is almost impossible to care about any of them anymore.  I have come to really dislike most of them. JMO

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I've been giving them up one by one over the past few years, first New Jersey then Atlanta, recently Orange County. Still have Beverly Hills & New York on my agenda but the way they're going they might be next to go. I watched Potomac a few times a couple of years ago but couldn't get into it. If there were or still are others I never got involved. 

@shaggygirl   Ditto to everything you said.  I stopped watching in the same order you did - first NJ, then Atlanta, then OC.  The only ones I continue to watch are NY and BH and I don't know how long that will last.  

Honored Contributor

If the behavior described here is that of "real" housewives, I must be a fake.