Esteemed Contributor

Bradly Cooper in A Star is Born

Finally got to see this last evening w/a few lady friends.

As absolutely fabulous as Lady Gaga's voice is and as fabulous as Bradly Cooper's blue eyes are and as fabulous as his singing and guitar playing were..........I wanted to yank hin off the screen and give him a good shampoo & trim. Perhaps I'm  shallow but that sloppy greasy looking mop kept distracting me.

Other than that, well worth seeing.

Respected Contributor

Re: Bradly Cooper in A Star is Born

I saw that movie a couple weeks ago and I really enjoyed it.  I haven’t seen Bradley Cooper in a movie or on TV in quite a while and I was surprised how low his voice was when speaking in the movie (I’m not sure if that was acting or natural). I guess they were trying to make him look like a has been performer with his hair like that but it was a bit over the top for me too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I saw that movie a couple weeks ago and I really enjoyed it.  I haven’t seen Bradley Cooper in a movie or on TV in quite a while and I was surprised how low his voice was when speaking in the movie (I’m not sure if that was acting or natural). I guess they were trying to make him look like a has been performer with his hair like that but it was a bit over the top for me too. 

@itsmagic

Oh yeh that's another thing, that low voice. I think he lowered the pitch just for this movie. Have never heard his voice sound so low. But he surely is a bundle of talent between his acting/singing/guitar playing/ and directing the movie as well.

On another note, they showed a preview of an upcoming Julia Roberts movie.

Boy has she aged. Unless she's playing an older character in the movie than she is in real life. But then if I ran into folks that haven't seen me in a few years who knows what they'd say about me. Maybe "Dear God what happened to her?"

Esteemed Contributor

I totally enjoyed this remake. Bradley Cooper did go to a training coach (I guess that is what they call it) for his voice. He really wanted Sam Elliott (sp?) in that part and felt he needed to show him a different side of himself.

There was a write up on Cooper I read and showed everything he researched so much for this movie and there were several things they explained in the article. It was interesting.

BTW, the dog in the movie is his.

Honored Contributor

I have my reasons why this remake failed. I'll leave it at that.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

I totally enjoyed this remake. Bradley Cooper did go to a training coach (I guess that is what they call it) for his voice. He really wanted Sam Elliott (sp?) in that part and felt he needed to show him a different side of himself.

There was a write up on Cooper I read and showed everything he researched so much for this movie and there were several things they explained in the article. It was interesting.

BTW, the dog in the movie is his.

OMG THAT DOG! That's one of the cutest dogs ever.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itsmagic wrote:

He worked with a voice coach for months to lower his voice an octave to match that of Sam Elliot (who played his brother in the movie).  I saw this twice within a week (going with different people), which I never do with a movie, and enjoyed it just as much.

Honored Contributor

You must admit the version from the 70's with Kris Kristofferson was not the clean cut boy look for sure.  So maybe why Bradly was a bit messy looking.  He is the only person in this movie I would even care to look at or to listen to.  The other no thanks.

Image result for kris kristofferson

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 

What a fabulous picture!! Thanks!