Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bradly Cooper in A Star is Born

@DecorDiva wrote:

@itsmagic wrote:

I saw that movie a couple weeks ago and I really enjoyed it.  I haven’t seen Bradley Cooper in a movie or on TV in quite a while and I was surprised how low his voice was when speaking in the movie (I’m not sure if that was acting or natural). I guess they were trying to make him look like a has been performer with his hair like that but it was a bit over the top for me too. 

He worked with a voice coach for months to lower his voice an octave to match that of Sam Elliot (who played his brother in the movie).  I saw this twice within a week (going with different people), which I never do with a movie, and enjoyed it just as much.

@DecorDiva

Honestly a few times when the two brother characters were talking to each other I couldn't understand a word they were saying, it sounded mumbled to me. Times like that I wish I could have used a romote control to rewind and rewatch those scenes w/closed captioning turned on. But then I feel that way every time I go to a movie, there is always a brief time or two or three when I can't understand a word being said back & forth between a couple of characters. Nothing that comes close to ruining following the story line thank goodness.

Valued Contributor

I went with my husband to see it. And he knows I have had a crush on Kris Kristofferson almost my entire life. I'll watch anything he is in. I will listen to any song he wrote or sings. 

When we sat down I reminded him Bradley Cooper isn't Kris Kristofferson. He just rolled his eyes at me. 

After the movie on the way to the car I told him Bradley Cooper ain't Kris Kristofferson, but Imma take him. He just rolled his eyes at me again. Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrakesMomma wrote:

I went with my husband to see it. And he knows I have had a crush on Kris Kristofferson almost my entire life. I'll watch anything he is in. I will listen to any song he wrote or sings. 

When we sat down I reminded him Bradley Cooper isn't Kris Kristofferson. He just rolled his eyes at me. 

After the movie on the way to the car I told him Bradley Cooper ain't Kris Kristofferson, but Imma take him. He just rolled his eyes at me again. Smiley Very Happy

@DrakesMomma

I just laughed out loud.

Regular Contributor

Went with a friend last week.  Sorry, both of us thought it was terrible.  No character relationship development and just boring.  We both just wanted Cooper to die so we could leave.   One upnote.  The dog was adorable.

Valued Contributor

@shaggygirl - I'm happy to have made you laugh! 

Valued Contributor

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie, especially Lady Gaga.

The music was especially good.

LOL I agree that Bradley Cooper's hair looked like a good shampoo was in order.

Of the three versions of A Star Is Born, this was definitely my favorite.

Respected Contributor

I have seen all of the versions of A Star is Born.  They were all wonderful.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My girlfriend and I saw it last night and really enjoyed it!....It did seem to drag on for a while; however, Bradley Cooper's fantastic performance made up for it and he deserves to be nominated for an Oscar.

Lady Gaga did a good job and I thought that her and Bradley had great chemistry together....I didn't know that Bradley was such a good singer and I really enjoyed his duets with Lady Gaga.

As far as his shaggy hair look, that was part of his character and he sure does have a beautiful head of  hair.

The only other version I have seen was with Barbra Streissand and Kris Kristofferson and that was just a few years ago and I was disappointed in it....I thought it lacked the emotion and chemistry that I definitely felt between Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

watching for the 1st time now.  No Bradley is not Kris!

I finally get the "Shallows" song. 

I do love Sam Elliott!!!

so far loving it!

Honored Contributor

I did enjoy Lady Gaga's singing but the movie did not thrill me.