Honored Contributor

You never really know what is going on with people.

Esteemed Contributor

It's when posters became nostalgic and wax romantically about the "classy" movie stars of Hollywood's Golden Age, compared to the "trashy" stars of today.

There was just as much adultery, alcoholism, drug use, wild partying, out of wedlock children, petty crime, drunk driving, and miscellaneous bad behaviors then.

But the studios had departments and staff to keep much of it out of general public view.

They were not always successful,  with stories ending up in tabloids (Confidential was great on disclosing many back street shenanigans) and rumors eventually reached the average moviegoers.

Honored Contributor

Fatty Arbuckle scandal too

Honored Contributor

"Scandal" appears to be relative to one's beliefs.  One person's 'scandal' is another person's 'acceptable'.  

Honored Contributor
Didn't know it's a "scandal" to be gay if one is gay.
"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Venezia I read today that Both/And is going to be a movie and Freida Pinto will be playing Huma. She's so beautiful

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

I notice click-bait headlines often insinuate someone famous is gay:"This  is where (fill in the blank) lives with their partner."  Wonder why they do that???

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee - Because every time someone clicks on one of those headlines, the person who posted it gets paid.  They do it deliberately.

I never click on those and I always look for the little "Ad" symbol that appears in one of the corners on a lot of them.  I steer clear of click-bait.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@LyndaGee - Because every time someone clicks on one of those headlines, the person who posted it gets paid.  They do it deliberately.

I never click on those and I always look for the little "Ad" symbol that appears in one of the corners on a lot of them.  I steer clear of click-bait.

Thank you!! I didn't know that.

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom Wedding Crashers is one of my all-time favorite movies!