Honored Contributor

Re: Bradley Cooper's New Movie Role

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Judaline@Sooner  

"Peters, of course, is a big deal ... producer of "A Star is Born" ... both the 1976 and 2018 versions. He's also produced "Flashdance," "The Color Purple," "Rain Man" and "Tango & Cash," to name just a few.'

@KingstonsMom LOL!  Doesn't make him a big deal to me.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

LOL! Your'e probably not a big deal to him either!

You asked why they would make a movie about him and that's the article's explanation.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Sooner 

LOL! Your'e probably not a big deal to him either!

You asked why they would make a movie about him and that's the article's explanation.

@KingstonsMom I'm not even a big deal to me!  Only to my husband of many many years!  That's the only person I'm a big deal to! 

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Jon Peters WAS a big deal in what is probably now considered 'old' Hollywood...(he's in his seventies now). Just recently married Pamela Anderson. He's had plenty of action. 🤣

I read There's a saying that followed him described as “a legend for seduction as much as production”. He was kind of ruthless in the romance department.

This will most likely be similar to that Hollywood movie that Brad Pitt and Leo DiCaprio did (which I loved).

Bradley Cooper will do a great job I bet. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Yes, I remember Jon Peters movies. Some great ones. This movie should be good. Thanks for the info.

Honored Contributor

via page six

Set in LA’s San Fernando Valley in the ‘70s — Hollywood sources are speculating that Cooper plays mega-producer Jon Peters in the film. Or a character based on him.

Details of the movie, which centers on a high school student who’s an actor, are being kept under wraps. But after images of Cooper showed the star wearing white bell-bottoms, an unbuttoned billowing white shirt, and a hippie-ish silver necklace, insiders noted that an old image of Peters with his ex, Barbra Striesand, shows the producer wearing the same outfit, not to mention the same shaggy hairstyle and beard mimicked by Cooper.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Just seems like there are a lot of others they could do

before Peters. But I guess there's got to be something

for everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoveMyBaby 

Did not realize it was him that married Pamela A!

I think they stayed married for a day or so?  Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

So is he part of the legendary Hollywood producers that are famous for some not-so-wonderful "traditions" now coming to light?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@LoveMyBaby 

Did not realize it was him that married Pamela A!

I think they stayed married for a day or so?  Cat LOL

@Witchy Woman 

They stayed married only 12 days and split AFTER Jon paid off Pamela's debts.

From Pagesix:

Hollywood producer Jon Peters claimed Monday that his 12-day marriage to Pamela Anderson went bust after he paid off some of the “broke’’ actress’ debts — adding,

“There’s no fool like an old fool.”

The former hairstylist-to-the-stars, 74, took umbrage at a source telling Page Six last week that he asked her to marry him on a whim — but that within a day and a half, she realized she had “made a terrible mistake’’ and that Peters was “too controlling.’’

Peters, who produced the 2018 hit remake of “A Star Is Born’’ featuring Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, wrote in an email, “Everything they told you was a lie’’ — including even that he asked Anderson to marry him.

He said Anderson, 52, proposed to him in a text.

“Needless to say that when she texted me that she wanted to get married, it was kind of a dream come true even though I was engaged to someone else and the lady was moving in,’’ Peters wrote.

“I dropped everything for Pam. She had almost $200,000 in bills and no way to pay it so I paid it and this is the thanks I get. There’s no fool like an old fool.’’

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.