Honored Contributor

Bradley Cooper Helped Brad Pitt Get Sober

Brad Pitt opened up about his sobriety in a surprise way ... by crediting Bradley Cooper for helping him get there after his pal presented him an award.

Brad won Best Supporting Actor at the National Board of Review Annual Awards Gala on Wednesday night, and after being handed the award and hugging it out, he praised Bradley in his speech for being a great dad ... and a great friend.

Pitt said Cooper rushed to the event after putting his daughter to bed, called him a sweetheart, then added ... "I got sober because of this guy, and every day has been happier ever since."

As you'll recall ... Brad's alcoholism was a major bone of contention in his marriage with Angelina Jolie, and culminated when he allegedly got wasted on a private jet flight and had an altercation with their eldest son, Maddox.

Jolie filed for divorce just days after the incident, and there was a subsequent child abuse investigation ... though Brad was eventually cleared.

Following his split with Jolie, Brad spent over a year in Alcoholics Anonymous and has been sober ever since ... but until now, Cooper's support in the process was unknown.

BTW -- Pitt's victory speech wasn't all about sentimental thank yous ... he also had some good jokes, including one at the expense of George Clooney.

On the heels of his Golden Globes win ... looks like Brad's on a pretty good roll.

Video here:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/09/brad-pitt-thanks-credits-bradley-cooper-sober/

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Bradley Cooper Helped Brad Pitt Get Sober

I  am a big BP fan, it always amazes me when I hear of people who have been given so much,have such a hard time getting through life.

Honored Contributor

Good for him. I have always liked Brad Pitt, he seems like he has a good heart!

Esteemed Contributor

Makes me love Bradley Cooper even more!

Esteemed Contributor

Quite frankly, if I were maarried to Angelena Jolie, I'd take up drinking as well. I'd say his first step to sobriety was becoming single once again. To this day, Angie still treats her father like dirt. She's a very controlling woman in my estimation based on things reported. And no, I don't know her personally, so don't start in on me. I just don't happen to think it was ALL Brad, though he DID break his marriage vows to Jennifer to sleep with Angie in the beginning.