Honored Contributor

Comes out next Friday. Stars Diane Keaton, Candice Bergen, Jane Fonda, and Mary Steenburgen. 

The premise is that the lives of these four lifelong friends are turned upside down after reading Fifty Shades Of Grey, catapulting them into a series of outrageous life choices.

Seems like mindless fun. It does seem like it could be like  the movies lately about older men behaving "badly".Probably an attempt to attract older viewers as well.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Well I for one welcome movies with older stars. These people didn't lose their talent because they grew older. I will definitely see this movie.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I agree, I hope it didn't seem otherwise. It just seems like a formula movie lately, almost like it's mocking the characters just because they're older.

I like all the actresses in this one.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Here I thought I might like it, but I'm not a Fifty Shades kind of person.

Respected Contributor

I look forward to seeing this movie.  Love all the actresses and they have all aged gracefully. 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 I agree, I hope it didn't seem otherwise. It just seems like a formula movie lately, almost like it's mocking the characters just because they're older.

I like all the actresses in this one.

Not at all, I imagine that these ladies aren't bombarded with great scripts, but this looks light hearted and fun

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Already have plans to see this movie with my bridge group. We've been friends since 1960-63 (depending upon which Middle School everyone attended). By HS, we were all great friends; then through college and on. Lots of giggles along the way; this movie should be another fun time. Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Males in the cast although I don't know who pairs up with whom. It would have been fun if they got Ted Danson to be with Mary

Andy Garcia

Don Johnson

Craig T Nelson

Richard Dreyfuss

I already made plans to see this with a GF - we are fans of all the stars and it should be fun

Super Contributor

We were lucky to win passes to a free pre-screening of this movie & saw it last night.

I'd give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.  While it was.nice to see all the "older stars" both male & female (hope I look as good as Jane Fonda when I turn 80...of course she's had loads of plastic surgery!),  the script was a little thin & was pretty predictable.  Acting...nothing to write home about!

It's definitely for us aging "Baby Boomer", as some of the jokes flew right over the heads of the younger audience members.

We also just saw the new updated remake of Overboard a few days ago (gotta love Movie Pass) & honestly I think they were both equally good, light romantic comedies.

After seeing The Avengers (way too violent for my taste) & Rampage (just plain silly), I was very happy to see (2) "normal, fun movies that really almost anyone would enjoy..especiall families.  I'd have to recommend both as great Mother's Day movies, but I think Book Club doesn't come out until May 18th!