Honored Contributor

Bohemian Rhapsody Worldwide Premier

The award winning and top grossing movie about Freddie Mercury and Queen, airs tonight on FX at 8PM.

From Wiki:

It became a major box office success, grossing over $904 million worldwide on a production budget of about $50 million, becoming the sixth-highest-grossing film of 2018 worldwide and setting the all-time box office records for the biopic and drama genres.[12] Bohemian Rhapsody received numerous accolades, including a leading four wins at the 91st Academy Awards for Best Actor (Malek), Best Film EditingBest Sound Editing and Best Sound Mixing; it was also nominated for Best Picture. The film also won Best Motion Picture – Drama at the 76th Golden Globe Awards, and was nominated for the Producers Guild of America Award for Best Theatrical Motion Picture and BAFTA Award for Best British Film, while Malek won the Golden GlobeScreen Actors Guild and BAFTA for Best Actor.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody Worldwide Premier

That was a great movie, very well done.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  I have seen this movie couple of times and, indeed, it is very well done but I just could not relate to Malek!  
I know he did a great job but I just don't care for him - I still enjoyed the movie though as I love Queen just me lol.

Honored Contributor

I saw this when we had free HBO or Cinemax.  I liked it a lot--more than I thought I would and Malek was terrific, IMO.

Honored Contributor

Sadly, there will be commercials and most likely editing. 

Respected Contributor

I love that movie. I though Rami Malek was really good in it, but I am not a huge Queen fan. 

Freddie Mercury was such an iconic personality, it would make it harder to see anyone playing him if you were very aware of the real Freddie.

Honored Contributor

Thanks!  I scheduled a recording for the later airing.   The weird thing is, I feel like maybe I saw it already (if it was on HBO or Sho, maybe?) but cannot remember anything.  So - I'll see it again!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm also one who has seen this movie. Yes, it was HBO or one of those with no commercials.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Sadly, there will be commercials and most likely editing. 

@Shelbelle 

Of course there will be editing to accommodate the time used for commercials, but they never edit the important parts of the movie and I have a FF button on my remote to pass by the commercials.

There's nothing else I like to watch that night anyway, I've only been watching movies anyway for months.

I'm sick of all of the 'reality' shows on network TV, none of them are 'reality' anyway and many of them are just gross and not what I like to watch, LOL!

But that's just me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I absolutely loved that movie, and I found it extraordinary. Rami Malek's depiction of Freddie Mercury in the movie made me cry.  He suffered such loneliness in his life despite his fame and success. I thought Malek was superb in the role. I also could not believe how much the actor who portrayed Brian May, looked and sounded like Brian May. I was such a big Queen fan in my teenage years that I saw them in concert at Madison Square Garden in 1978 and in 1979.  

I saw it twice in the theatre, and once on HBO.