Contributor

Yes she hurt her head in a skiing accident. I believe your right she thought she was okay but died from it. So very sad. I can't believe he died from this. Maybe he slipped in the bathroom or shower and thought nothing of it. Just a bump on the head.Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@HLP wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:
  • Cause of death - Head Trauma. He hit the back of his head and didn’t give it much thought. 

11EF36AB-17BE-40C5-AF69-DB3D7C544E8A.jpeg

Correct me please., He had given a stand up performance that night, How would he have hit his head.? Am I the only one thinking how was this done.? Did he tell his wife or anyone he had hit his head some way? This is a confusing story, in my opinion..  

@HLP 

Not really confusing at all.  He took a fall at some point, most likely that night.  May have tripped in his hotel room and hit his head on furniture.  It has happened to most all of us.  He may not have thought if significant enough to tell his wife.  He was able to get up and go about his business.

Brain bleeding can be fast or very slow.  He goes to bed, falls asleep, and his brain bled while he slept until he was in a coma and finally too much pressure on the brain stem stops breathing.  He had no alcohol or drugs.  It was a tragic accident.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003   I was thinking the same.  It could happen in so many ways.  He could have slipped in the shower, which is all too common.  He could have been walking while his head was down looking at his cellphone and tripped on something and fell.  Tragic.

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@HLP wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:
  • Cause of death - Head Trauma. He hit the back of his head and didn’t give it much thought. 

11EF36AB-17BE-40C5-AF69-DB3D7C544E8A.jpeg

Correct me please., He had given a stand up performance that night, How would he have hit his head.? Am I the only one thinking how was this done.? Did he tell his wife or anyone he had hit his head some way? This is a confusing story, in my opinion..  

@HLP 

Not really confusing at all.  He took a fall at some point, most likely that night.  May have tripped in his hotel room and hit his head on furniture.  It has happened to most all of us.  He may not have thought if significant enough to tell his wife.  He was able to get up and go about his business.

Brain bleeding can be fast or very slow.  He goes to bed, falls asleep, and his brain bled while he slept until he was in a coma and finally too much pressure on the brain stem stops breathing.  He had no alcohol or drugs.  It was a tragic accident.

Hyacinth

Thank you for clearing that up.

Honored Contributor

I hit my head the other day. I took the garbage out thru the garage and didn't realize I hadn't opened the garage door all the way. On the way back I wasn't really looking and my head smacked right into the door. It hurt.

Super Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@lovesallanimals wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Liam Neeson's wife die of a similar injury a few years ago?  She had gone skiing and hit her head - thought nothing of it and died a couple of days later.  Such a horrible and needless way to die.  Lesson learned, if I ever hit my head I will immediately get it checked out and not ignore it.

@lovesallanimals  - Yes she did. I remember that.

I learned a long time ago if you get hit in the head get it checked out. I remember DD did when she was a toddler. I called, and the pediatrician gave me a list of things to do. One was to keep her awake for a period of time. That was hard because she was sleepy and cranky. I had to wake her if she drifted off. I just remember being glad when DH got home.

@BostonMommy - I'm so sorry you lost your brother, especially with your SIL an emergency nurse. It does make sense that most people would think it's going to be OK, especially when there are no visible signs of a problem.

Thank you @beach-mom

I just wish he had told my sil. she could have checked him out and gotten him some help. If you take a hard hit tell someone and ask them to come over and check you out.

Esteemed Contributor

I find the story to be odd.  Especially since the article I read said it was the back of his head.  Sorry, call me skeptical.  

Respected Contributor

If someone is taking a blood thinner a hit to the head becomes even more dangerous......

Trusted Contributor

As someone else pointed out,  he could have done it at the comedy club,  hitting a speaker or something back stage, or even getting in and out of his ride to the hotel?

Esteemed Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I find the story to be odd.  Especially since the article I read said it was the back of his head.  Sorry, call me skeptical.  

I was thinking he could have dropped something, reached under whatever to get it and lifted his head too soon and smacked the back of his head.  How many times have all of us done that.

Respected Contributor

I thought the story about the last texts he received from the actress who played his daughter on full house was odd.

‘Full House’ Star Candace Cameron Bure Reveals Last Text Messages With Bob Saget Before His Death: ‘We Got Into a Little Tiff’

I think this cause of death may or may not be true but they need to move on for insurance purposes.